Perfect...

Stroking her, now swollen belly, Charlotte smiled at a picture of their wedding day. Phil wasn’t allowed to leave the hospital for another week, and even though He had gotten a promise from his employer that there would be no more work until they got back from their honeymoon, Charlotte was taking no chances and had called the hospital Chaplin three days after Phil woke up.
        With the help of Saundra, Charlotte was back in her dress. Her hair and makeup was done beautifully, making Charlotte look like an angel.
        Phil and Charlotte were married in his hospital room, followed by a small reception that consisted of some of the people at the hospital they had met during Phil’s stay. Phil was worried that it was not enough, but to Charlotte… It was perfect. The hospital had contacted Charlotte the day Phil was discharged from the hospital and had offered her a job as the head nurse in the emergency room.
        Charlotte was sitting in the Cafeteria of the helicarrier at that moment. She was a couple weeks from her due date and she was excited to see her baby.
        The ultra sound a few months back had told her what the baby would be and even though Phil was still gone, Charlotte was happy to have Tony there with her. He had become her best friend in the last few years and she was almost certain that he was more excited about the baby than she was.
        The day they had found out what gender the baby was very event filled. Tony went with her to the infirmary on the helicarrier and sat there through the whole thing. Charlotte waited nervously as Doctor Banner got everything ready. It had been a while since her last check up and though the baby’s heart had been strong, it had sounded off, but when they did more tests, everything was fine.
        Bruce turned the wand at a different angle and did a double take. That is why the heart beat sounded like it was echoing. Even now, he could hear the echoing sound coming from the monitor. Charlotte frowned and looked at Bruce for an explanation.
“Why does the baby’s heart beat still sound so strange?” She asked worriedly. Bruce smiled to assure her that there was no reason to worry. He turned the screen towards them, so they could see it.
        “See Charlotte? There is the head!” Tony pointed to a small head on the screen to assure her that the baby was still there, safe and sound. Charlotte frowned in confusion.
        “If that is the head then what is that?” Charlotte asked a confused Tony, “… and that?” She pointed to two other spots on the screen. She stared at it a bit longer, and then her eyes went wide. She looked at Bruce in shock to confirm the thought that had just popped into her head.
        Bruce nodded and Charlotte placed a hand over her mouth as she blinked back the tears.
        “Tony there are three!” She gasped to the billionaire who was still confused. Tony’s eyes went wide as his face split into a grin. With the look on his face, you would think they were his.
        Triplets!
        Charlotte was meeting with Director Fury in a little while after the ultra sound. He had arranged a quick transmission with Phil and she had gotten permission to have a minute with Phil so she could let him know what they were having.
        After the ultra sound was done, Tony had to leave for a meeting with some stock holders in his company. Charlotte smiled as Bruce helped her off the table. Then she frowned down at her stomach.
        “Well at least now we know why I look like I am at nine months already.” She sighed, making Bruce chuckle. He escorted her out of the lab. Charlotte smiled as she made her way down to the room Fury had told her to meet him at. She entered the room, but stayed in the back of the room until she was called forward.
        “Coulson there is one other matter that needs to be addressed before you go back.” Nick Fury told the man on the screen. Phil’s brow furrowed in confusion a bit. Fury turned and saw Charlotte standing there silently. He nodded at her and stepped to the side. Charlotte stepped into Phil’s line of view, a huge smile on her lips.
        Phil smiled, completely surprised at the sight of Charlotte so pregnant so early.
        “Phil we just found out what the baby is going to be.” She said in a choked up voice. Phil perked up, waiting patiently for his wife to tell him if he would have a son or daughter.
        “It’s a girl…” Charlotte breathed as she beamed at him.
        “We are going to have a daughter!?” Phil exclaimed happily. “I’m going to have a little princess!” he breathed. Charlotte smiled back at him, something else on the edge of her lips and a twinkle in her eyes.
        Fury noticed this and waited to see what else she was going to say. In the middle of Phil’s exclamations, she continued.
        “… and two boys.” She added. Phil stopped and the expression on his face made Fury chuckle, complete and utter shock. He was happy for them, but three babies would mean needing more help. He made a mental note to see to it that the people that were brought in were Shield’s people.
        Another minute was all the time that was left. After that, Fury, himself, escorted Charlotte to the cafeteria to get something to eat.
                                ***
        The knowledge of the babies prompted Charlotte to carefully plan the birth. One week before the original due date, a cesarean was performed and all three of her babies were born safely. Waking up from the surgery, Charlotte was panicked for a split second before she remembered what had happened. Her stomach was smaller than before and she was eager to meet her babies.
        She heard a small cry to her left and turned to see what it was. Tony was sitting there in the chair next to the bed, a small bundled blanket in his arms. He was murmuring to it softly.
        “You are going to love you momma when you meet her. She is a great woman and you are going to need to take care of her. You would have loved your daddy to, he was a great man, but he is gone. I’m sorry you will never get a chance to meet him.”
        “Tony” Charlotte got her best friend’s attention. Tony jumped out of his chair and stepped up next to the bed Charlotte was lying in. He grinned down at her as he eased the small bundle into her arms.
        “Charlotte meet Philip Steven Coulson, your son.” Tony proudly introduced Charlotte to her oldest child. Charlotte looked down at the small baby. His skin was pale and soft as a feather. Charlotte could see a dusting of dark brown hair on top of his head. He looked exactly like Phil in every aspect. When the small baby looked up to examine this new person that had him, Charlotte was met with Phil’s grey eyes. Tears welled in her eyes.
        “He’s perfect” She whispered to Tony, placing a loving kiss on Philip’s tiny head. Tony grinned at her when she looked up at him.
        “Just wait till you see the other two.” Tony started pacing back and forth across the room. “You never did pick out names for the other two, you know? You need to do that.” He kept right on talking to Charlotte, totally oblivious to the fact that she was not listening to a word he was saying. After a while a Shield nurse came in and made him leave.
        “Have you decided on what you are going to name your other two children?” The nurse asked, waving the birth certificates at Charlotte. Charlotte smiled at the nurse and nodded.
        “Sarah Ann Coulson and Anthony James Coulson, those are their names.” Charlotte replied. Two other Shield nurses came in with two other bundles. The other blue bundle was covering a boy that looked almost exactly like his brother, except his hair was a lighter shade of brown. The little pink bundle contained a baby girl with pale white skin, hair so dark it was almost black, and deep brown eyes that seemed to take in everything.
        Charlotte got to spend time with each of her babies and had a few visitors that consisted of Director Fury, Natasha and Bruce. By the end of the day she was tired, but content. She had three beautiful babies and they were all healthy and safe. The only thing missing was Phil. Then everything would be perfect.