Chapter 2

I headed to the lobby balcony to get some fresh air. I respect Thomas. Since Carlos took me in as a father, Thomas has been like an uncle to me. However, he knew what I went through and he's the only one that remains who knows the full truth about my past. He should have expected such a reaction from me.

I decided to go back inside to get some work done. "Leigh-Anne. Can you get me a cup of tea please?" I commanded one of the receptionists. I rested my elbow on the reception desk as Jade picked up the phone underneath to answer it.

A guy walks in and waits next to me. I turn to see it being no other than Rafael Morales. Would you look at my luck? He waited for Jade but it looks like she was too busy. "Seriously. Not one person is free here." he complains.

"That is how we stay successful." I said proudly as Leigh-Anne handed me a mug of tea. "You work here?" he scoffed.

"Is there a problem with that?" I replied, annoyed. "Whatever. Where's the boss' office?" he asked. I smiled. Boy did he know what he just got himself into.

"Take the elevator to the 10th floor. You will meet someone named Nura at the desk. She will lead you so you don't get lost you poor puppy." I mocked him. He rolled his eyes and walked off.

My phone was ringing. It was Camilla. I answered it as she instantly said, "Father has called for another meeting. Now!"

"I'd be surprised if he didn't." I laughed.

I was back in the meeting room, taking my chair. As I sat there was a knock at the door. "Enter!" I say.

"Ma'am you have a guest in the waiting room." Nura said as she came in. I smiled, knowing who. "Bring them through here." I commanded. She nodded and left.

"Maria. Who is it?" asked Deniz. And in he came. He didn't notice me at first. His eyes landed on Thomas and approached him.

"Rafael Morales." he shook his hand. "You must be the boss." Everyone chuckled as he glared at them, silencing them.

"Other end of the table." Thomas said, gesturing towards me. He turned to meet my eyes. He was quick to hide the shock in his face but i was quick enough to notice it.

"So we've met. However, you didn't quite know who I was. You certainly made a good impression though." I smirked. "Please. Take a seat." I pointed to the seat that was added to my left. Obeying me, Rafael sat in the chair as he fixed his blazer.

"I'll make this quick because I have places to be. That's how we stay successful, you know." His eyes moved to me, giving me a sly smirk as I rolled my eyes at him. "We will be having a welcome party this evening at the Crystal Hall. We would like to invite you all."Slipping his hand into his blazer, Rafael revealed invitation cards.

I laughed. "How sweet. But you do realise we would have come with or without an invitation, right?" He smirked.

"We own the Crystal Palace and there is no entry without an invitation." he said.

I took the cards from his hands and said, "I still don't think you know me yet." I took my phone and dialled a number.

"Boss." replied a guy at the other end. "The fake invitation cards for the Morales welcome party I asked to be made. You can cancel those." I commanded. At this point, Rafael was laughing hard.

"You think I don't know you. To me it looks like you're a a bit too desperate for this party." I smiled, lifting my head to stare at him dead in the eyes. "I wouldn't call it desperate. It's just that we like to crash parties. It's always more fun to go against the rules."

"I'm sorry for having ruined the fun for you then. Anyways, like I said, I have places to be. I hope to see you all tonight." he said taking one last glance at me before turning towards the door and disappearing.

"They have a son?" Calista exclaimed. "Yes, now everyone please just stick to your tasks tonight. You shall all be ready to leave by 6." Tom announced.

"Aren't you joining us, Dad?" Kane asked. "The party isn't really for me. Besides, I have other plans." he answered, glancing at me.

"In that case, let's get back to work." I command, as everyone starts to head out. "Miles, can you meet me in my office in 15?" He nods his head as we both head out.

Back in my office, I sit at the computer going through files and documents when there's a knock at the door. "Enter!" I exclaim. Miles walks in saying, "You wanted to see me?"

"Have a seat. I have something for you to do. Get me any sort of information you can find on Rafael. From why he was hidden all these years to where he's been, what he was doing and what he plans to do. Can you do that for me?"

"Has there ever been something I haven't done for you?" he smiles. I return the smile. "Can you also prepare a knife and a gun for me for tonight. This stays between us though."

"Of course." He headed towards the door to open it and just as he was about to leave, Deniz appeared entering. "How can I be of assistance to you, dearest Deniz?" I say sarcastically, without looking up from my computer.

"Actually, I'm here to be of assistance to you." She smiles with beaming eyes. I turn to her and raise an eyebrow. "So, we just got word of the dress theme for the party. They've decided to do a ball theme and in black and white. And I was thinking, black would look really sexy on you since it defines your curves but you tend to wear it a lot. White is cute and makes you look innocent but that's not what you like and it wouldn't really make sense wearing a pure colour when you have a resting bitch face like that."

I rolled my eyes and replied, "Very sweet of you, Deniz, to be worrying about what I'm wearing to a party but I have more important things to do. I'll find something to wear."

She sighed. "Suit yourself then." And with that she left.