Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

It is him I think off over the weekend. The kiss and how he knew that it was me, and he kept on kissing. I barely get out of my room and there are a hundred texts from Leera asking what have happened after she leaves. I scroll over her messages and didn’t bother to answer any. I was about to turn off my phone when I catch a glimpse of Arreia’s name.

Hey, didn’t see you out. Can we talk? Can I come over?

It was sent in the morning and it’s evening now. She usually came here without any permission then why would she ask permission now? Does she know that I am really pissed at her and didn’t want to see her? But before I burry my face under my pillow and ignore her, the door opens. And then I hear her voice calling my name.

“Raye…”

Okay, I have to face her. I roll over my blanket and seat on the edge of the bed facing the door but I refuse to look at her. She walks towards me and seat beside me and I was shock when she hugs me from behind.

I don’t know what to say. It’s been a long time since she hugged me and I can’t deny the fact that I’ve missed this. I’ve missed her and then I hugged her back. We stay on that position for I don’t know how long.

And when we both feel our shoulders hurting we release each other. We struggle to look at each other.

“What happened after you and Hender leave? Where did you go? I’ve waited for you but Auntie told me you were in Leera’s house for a sleep over. But then you went home at almost midnight. I want to know what happened?” she stares at me but I refuse to stare back.

I don’t want to tell her the real story of how his boyfriend or I don’t know if they were still together kisses me and all he was thinking is I am Arreia and how I almost gave him my virginity because I am stupidly falling inlove with her boyfriend “Nothing really. He went on a bar. I am with him and with Leera and Thara then bring him home. That’s it.”

“Oh,” all she does say and then silence filled my room again. “It’s not my intention to hurt him—”

“Yes. It was yours.”

“Raye,” she exhaled roughly “I was about to break up with him that day before everything happens. I really don’t want him to get hurt because I love Hender. In the few months that were together it were the best months of my life.”

I stop her with a hand gesture “and when your Ex-man came back, the one who’ve hurt you and left you few years ago you’ll just ditch the man who made your so called ‘the best months of my life’.” I said in my best sarcastic tone.

“Raye, I love Alexis. Remember what Grandma said to us before? If you really love someone let him go and when he came back he is really for you—”

“Bullshit Arri. That’s bullshit. That asshole, stupid, dickhead man just left you for another girl he’d cheated on you! Can’t you remember those nights when you cried yourself to death because of him and how you replace his name as Asshole dickhead? Can’t you remember how completely you were shattered when he left you and you promise to yourself that you won’t let him back into your life? What happened to that? You have now Hender who love you so much—”