Prologue

Prologue

Raye

“Hey! C’mon Raye get up!” she jump up on my bed and started dancing. “Let’s be a party animal tonight! Woah! Im so excited.” at sinimulan nyang alisin yung kumot ko. “Don’t be such an ass-”

I grab my blanket with full force and that made her fall into my bed.

“Aw! Dammit Raye I hate you!” I feel her standing “Did you know how long it takes to fix my gorgeous hair? And you just did that to me?!” and she started jumping.

I seat and turn to face her “You did that to yourself… Leera alam mo namang ayoko ng mga party na yan diba?”

“My god Raye! It’s been years since… and duh?! It’s no longer an acquaintance party, no more Arreia who just— and no more night tripping’s made by that guy Hender your love of your life. Di ka pa rin ba makamove on?! Raye help yourself out in your misery. Can you do that? For your family, for me and for yourself? You should keep going.

She’s right. I should keep going. But moving on is hard when you’re not even willing to move on and let everything in the past.

“Im doing my best,” I lie.

“No you’re not.” Of course she would know that it was just a lie.

I exhaled the pain. Pero kahit anong gawin kong pagalis sa sakit alam kong babalik at babalik pa rin to.

“Raye this is our last night here in New Jersey  ganun na lang ba yun? Halos dalawang buwan din tayong  nakafocus dito sa Humanitarian service and for that malaki na for sure yung chance natin na makapasok sa  University of West Minster sabi ni Daddy. Kahit ngayon lang, kalimutan mo muna sya.  Mag enjoy naman tayo ngayon pwede ba yun?”

**

“Oh my God! People out here were all party animals!” Leera screams. Pumasok kami sa isang club kasama si Celine, a brit but she’s staying here in N.J, we three were doing the same thing here in New Jersey the humanitarian service for extra credit before entering med school. “Thank you Celine for bringing us here! Okay let’s get ready to rumble!”

“There’s a lot of cute guys here c’mon Raye” Celine grab my hand and held me closer to the crowd and I can’t hear what she and Leera was saying all I can hear is they’re screaming “Party”.

And when they got their Rhythms I walk back into the bar stool. Hindi kasi talaga ako party goer or a “Party Animal”. Hindi naman sa “I hate parties” pero hindi ko lang kasi talaga kayang sabayan yung energy ng mga tao dito. Umupo ako ng tahimik naghihintay na sana mapagod sila at mag aya ng umuwi pero sa tingin ko.. The way they grind into some random guys baka matagal pa ang paghihintay ko. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako.

Being alone in the place where everyone was enjoying is a torture just like what happened few years ago.

Pinikit ko yung mga mata ko remembering his face, his smell, his eyes, The kiss we shared… my first kiss. I bite my lower lip trying to fight back the tears. Every time I close my eyes all I can see is him and the memory flashes back…

---

“Anna Clarissa get up!” Narinig ko si Arreia na papasok alam ko kasi na mangungulit nanaman sya para sumama ako sa Acquaintance Party which is obviously I don’t want and this is me under my blanket pretending that I’m sleeping.