Chapter 6

"So you two know each other" Drake asked, after a long silence Ivy's ice eyes met mine. A fake smile formed on her face, "oh yea" she answered while her stare never left mine. Once she finally broke the trace I looked behind me at Jay. "Yea, well we have a lesson so I'm gonna go tack up" I quickly walked into the tack room, grabbing my grooming box and my tack. Once I stepped out of the tack room I caught Ivy and Drake kissing. I rolled my eyes, 'did she really have to rub it in my face?' I clipped Jay's halters to the cross ties and started to groom him, once he was dirt free I tacked him up. "Do you need any help" Drake asked from behind me, I slightly rolled my eyes "no" I snapped a little more harshly than I wanted to.
Drake raised an eyebrow, "ok sorry" he scratched the back of his neck and walked off. 'You idiot!' I face palmed myself then lead Jay into the arena. The arena soon filled with the other riders and their horses, except for Miranda and Ginger. Once we mounted and started warming up our horses, I tried to sneak a text to Miranda.
"Miss Dubane" a loud, angry voice echoed through the arena, my head snapped around while the other riders stopped. Jay almost bumped into Kasey's horse, Ghost, before I stopped him. "What is more important than this lesson right now" Mr. Connor's arms crossed over his chest. I picked at Jay's dark brown reins nervously, "nothing, sir."
"Then you won't mind telling me what we are working on today?"
I glanced around, all eyes were on me "um" I mumbled "d-dressage?"
Ivy held back a snicker, "no, Stacy we are working on cross-country" Mr. Connor shook his head disappointedly. "Miss Dubane please put your phone on my desk then come out to the cross-country course to join us."
While everyone else trotted to the course I hoped off Jay, and stormed into Mr. Connor's office. 'Why does he catch me doing things wrong when Ivy does the same stuff' my face turned red in frustration.
Once I left the office I mounted Jay again and set out on the trail to the cross-country course. Everyone's heads turned to glare at me, even Miranda. Mr. Connor went back to the lesson, "Alright Ivy, go ahead and run the course."
Ivy flew over the course flawlessly, while Miranda and I exchanged awkward glances. "Great job Miss Fox, Miss Dubane its your turn" I waited for Mr. Connor to give the signal. Once he did I set Jay at a canter then soared over a fallen tree. Jay was breathing heavily once we finished the course and Mr. Connor smiled at me. "Fine ride, Stacy, now everyone cool off your horses and Stacy meet me in my office."