Unfolding

(Chapter 13)

August 10, 2018
I woke up next to JJ who was propped up against the headboard reading a book. She turned to me and smiled.

"Hey, I told Hotch that you and I were going to work from home today. "Is that alright?" I nodded groggily in response.

"Do they have any leads?" I sat up.

"Yes, they need to know if Jason has any other properties."

"No, he was really weird about money, he never wanted to buy things that weren't needed." I responded. But then I stopped to think, Jason did have one place that he would always go, the bar. His good friend owned it and they were like brothers, they would do anything for each other. I wouldn't be surprised if he was helping Jason. "But there is one place that he might've taken him, Gold Tap Bar." JJs eyes went wide as she dialed Hotchs number.

"Hey Hotch, Gold Tap Bar."

"Got it, we're leaving now." I stood up and slipped on regular work clothes, grabbing my bag.

"What're you doing?" JJ followed after me, she was already dressed. "We're statin here, the team will tell us if they have any breaks."

"No Jayje, I need to go."

"Fine."

***

We approached the bar, guns drawn. The front door was locked, it usually wasn't so Hotch sent Reid, JJ, and I to the back. From the inside we heard quiet shuffling but nothing more, I almost panicked but instead kicked the door in. My food collided with it with sheer force, swinging it wildly on its hinges.

"FBI HANDS ON YOUR HEADS!" We saw a man, Jason. Something wasn't right, he was standing and someone was next to him, Caleb.

"Caleb, put it down." What? What was Spence talking about? As things became more clear I saw my son holding a gun under Jason's chin, shoving it into his jaw.

"NO! He did this," His eyes met mine and his face became softer, more vulnerable. "Mom you have to believe me." His face was red as tears ran down his face. "He made me do this."

"Do what Caleb?" Emily asked, I was frozen.

"He- he made me. He made me kill those women, he made me." My heart sank. Jason grinned and laughed, causing Caleb to become more angry, his finger hovering over the trigger.

"Caleb, you don't want to do this." Reid assured, slowly lowering his gun.

"YES I DO!" He screamed back, shaking the gun under Jason who just kept laughing like a psycho. "STOP LAUGHING!!" I heard something loud and shut my eyes tight only open ending them when I felt JJ from behind, wrapping her arms around me and cradling my head. I didn't realize I was bawling until I heard her speak.

"It's ok." She whispered in my ear. "They're taking Jason into custody, you're ok." Jason? Since the loud noise I'd assumed that Caleb had shot Jason or himself, I didn't have a courage to see either one. I finally opened my eyes to see Jason being shoved into a cop car and Caleb on the floor in Emily's arms. I dropped my gun and rushed towards him, pulling him into my chest. He just kept repeating, I'm sorry, I'm sorry mom. I held him tight, grateful that he was okay and that finally, Jason was gone.

***

Thank you guys so much for reading this! I'm sorry it wasn't very goof but my new book, Loving You is a Losing Game, has a great plot. I recommend you read it! Thank you.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗗𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 - 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀 🎉