Prologue

Almost 17 years ago

"Shes beautiful" Tony whispers looking at the features of his new born baby in his hands. Pepper smiles and places her hand on his right cheek brushing it lightly. "You know what we have to do" Peppers voice cracked ready to sob. Tony nodded and gave the baby to her leaving the room to get the others.

Hot tears start to spill out of Peppers blue eyes. The baby reaches out for her finger and giggles. "I love you so so much. One day I will meet you again and I will be the mother you need." The Avengers, Clint and Laura walk in around the hospital bed silently as Peppers eyes are glued on her baby. "But for now your going to live with Clint and his w-wif- e" She stuttered out her tears becoming more visible and breath getting hotter. "This is for your safety and I know you'll have a lot of questions when you find out. I'll be there to answer them. You be a good girl, okay?"

Peppers eyes close and she tries to keep her mouth shut to stop crying. Tony's cheeks were red and his eyes warm from crying. He bends down and kisses the baby that's smiling not realizing  whats happening. She sits up carefully and hands the baby to Laura. She rocks the baby as Tony and Pepper comfort each other. Clint pats Tony's back. "We decided to name her Elena Howard Stark, after your father and Peppers mother. Tony brings Clint into a tight hug.

Just that day Pepper and Tony had to make it out that's Pepper had been unwell to hide the fact they had a baby.

14 years after that night

"Happy birthday too you! Happy birthday too you! Happy birthday too Elennaaaaa" Your dad sang your name very long and off key making you giggle. "Happy Birthday too you" Your mum sang quietly brushing your hair with her hands like she did at night. You smile at your siblings in front of you. Cooper, Lila and Nathan. Cooper is 12, Lila has just turned 10 and Nathaniel is 6. My dad has the camera out like always and films me on every occasion. Like Halloween, Christmas, Easter. Even my first dance with a boy! I'm pretty sure he scared the boy off. I asked him why he does it, in which he hesitated to answer, but eventually said we have some family up in New York who would like to see these points of my life. "Make a wish!" Dad said knocking me out of my thoughts. I closed my eyes but i couldn't think of anything by then smoke covered my eyes. COOPER BLEW OUT MY CANDLES! "Run" Lila giggled pointing to the door. Cooper looked at Lila and back at me with terror when I scream and charge at him. He screamed like a baby and I ran after him. "Hey guys come on break it up!" Laura sped out of the room.

1 hour later and Dad managed to get you two to make up and have some cake. Mum left and you and Cooper were alone outside on the deck, looking into the stars. You lived far away from the city, you lived in a farmhouse on Missouri but you didn't mind it. "Sorry again for blowing out the candles" He apologized. You look at him. "Its fine, its just a cake and I over reacted" "What did you wish for" "Nothing" "What do you mean?" "I couldn't think of anything" You admitted facing him. "Well I wish that this year we get a puppy" You giggled. "I guess I could have wished that, yeah" You two finish your cake then went up to bed.

17 years ago after that night

Tonight I'm going to sneak out to go to a party that was thrown for me

Tonight I'm going to sneak out to go to a party that was thrown for me. My birthdays tomorrow and my best friend Grace insisted we go. Obviously i couldn't tell my mum or dad they don't let me do anything exciting. Its all grades and good reputations.

I'm looking at my clothes and I realize how boring I dress. I have black jeans and a red vest laid out on the bed in front of me when I hear 3 knocks at my window revealing Grace and her huge smile. I open the window and she climbs in with a bag. "Whats in the bag?" I ask sitting on my bed. "Clothes...you really need them" "I know but" I whined but she cut me off. "No buts go into the bathroom, put this on then we leave!" She instructed. You nodded and walked into the bathroom that was connected to your room.

You walk out and she screams at the sight of you. "Shit! Hurry" I motion her to run into the bathroom with me and i hear my mum and dad rush into the room. "Elena!" Your dad shouted. "Im in here dad dont worry I just dropped uh- my drink on my foot" You made up. "Oh do you need help dear?" Your mum said concerned. "Im okay. Better not wake up Copper, Lila and Nathaniel I'll be in bed when I clean up" You hear them leave and you both slowly walk out the room. "Its clear" She said. "Are you serious we almost got caught!" You shouted with your whisper. "Okay, okay! Lets go where gonna be late."

You took one last look in the mirror before leaving out the window.