Rejecting The Change

I looked over at my twin sister Eris as she fell to her knees, coughing rather violently. As she pulled her hands away from her mouth the smell of blood hit my nose. I gasped as she looked down at her crimson covered hands. I rushed over to her and pulled her into my arms, as she looked up at my me with tears of blood streaming down her cheeks "I don't want to die!" She shouted. I saw my boyfriend Jack run in with a stack of towels, and dropping them in front of me. He two has tears falling down his face, in fear of losing his best friend. I gently wiped the blood off her face, telling her she would be okay. "Don't lie to me Damien" she snapped "we both know I won't be..." I sighed and nodded as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at see the headmistress Neferet, along with Eris's mentor Anastasia Lankford. Neferet gave Anastasia a milky like liquid and said to my sister "Drink this Eris..." Anastasia forced the liquid down my sisters throat and she grew almost limp in my arms, her body fully relaxed. She looked up at me and said "Damien? Please tell mom and dad... Tell them I'm sorry. That I love them..." I nodded, almost unable to speak. She smiled as much as she could and said as kind as she could "I love you Damien" I sobbed more and said "I-I love too Eris..." And just like that, her eyes closed forever. I looked down at her body, not wanting to ever let go of her, wishing it had been me to die, not my sister.