A new journey...

*Phil's POV*

"Yeah... Yeah, you can see him, he's fine right now, still in shock. I mean... Why wouldn't he be?"

I could barely even talk to my friends and family about it. It was just too much for right now.

Dan has been diagnosed with malignant tumors in his right leg called Chondrosarcoma. It's severe and it's very uncommon and dangerous.

I finish talking to friends and sit next to Dan. He's staring blankly off into the end of his bed. His eyes are swollen and he's pale and I can barely stand to watch him. But I do. And then I stand up and sit on the bed.

And hug him as tight as possible.

*Dan's POV*

Phil just stands up and sits on my bed. And hugs me. And that sends me over the edge. I hug him back and cry. Soon I'm full on sobbing and I think Phil is too. I don't care about anything else but the warm, strong, comforting arms of my friend.

After that, I just sit on my bed and try to sleep. But all of a sudden I wake up with a twisting feeling in my stomach and sprint into the bathroom and then I'm just vomiting as hard as I can.

Phil's kneeling next to me, rubbing my back until I'm just dry-heaving over the toilet. Once I recover, Phil helps me to the bed and I soon fall asleep.