Chapter 12: Stay

Anna

Nothing just seems to happen anymore. Boy, I’ve had a rough five months, this is how it all started…:

It’s a regular day, the princes were let out, we sent a telegram requesting a new ship (because we refused to take them), which would take at least two months. Yup, it was that far away. But that’s not even a problem. Day 1 of rough five months.

Aidan was walking through the courtyard, so I walked away, and he turned up outside my bedroom, I walked away, he sat in my seat at dinner, I walked away. Those were weird moments.

But once we reached one month, it was quite hard not to look at handsome princes cooped up in your castle. That prince happened to be Aidan. He wasn’t like Hans at all, he had extremely dark brown hair, and pale blue eyes, it was only his stature that compared to his younger brother. After a week, it hit me: I liked him. I liked the older brother of the man that tried to kill my sister. That sounds messed up. I planned at least a year before I would even look at a man again!

But Aidan reminds me sorely of Kristoff, I wanted to love somebody again. That was Prince Aidan.

So I made my move two weeks after, in the garden.

“Um…Prince Aidan?” I walked up to him.

“Yes?” he said, turning to face me.

Are you starting to think this was a bad idea, Anna? my conscience asked me.

I gulped, “Uh, would you like a lunch some time?” I asked. Phew, not too bad.

“Sure…I guess.”

That was awkward. But we settled on lunch tomorrow, we decided not to tell anyone.

I avoided the mountain, so we just had it not too far away in the fields, a beautiful place.

Instead of a lunch, we took a walk, the grass and flowers brushing our shins, the breeze making my long dress billow. It was a wonderful time. Me and the Prince talked about random things, what we do at home, all random things.

Elsa looked at the prince suspiciously, but we shook her glare off.

I was laughing hysterically at a joke he told me as we walked through the doors back to the castle.

We were walking down the narrow hallway leading to his temporary room, telling jokes and occasionally teasing each other. He kissed my cheek, then my lips.

And that was the beginning of our relationship, but I never felt that way before, around the prince, I’ve always felt different, a nagging feeling inside of me.

“Are you listening?” asked Elsa sternly.

“Wha-yeah, yeah I’m listening,” I lied, snapping out of my daze.

“Good, now tell me how to stitch this dress!” said Elsa frustratedly, clutching the needle.

“Elsa, the servants can do that,” I soothed.

“But I want to do it,” she snapped.

“Elsa, what’s wrong?” I frowned.

She ran a hand through her hair. “Me and Jack had a fight, I got pregnant, then it became a false alarm, we both just felt disappointed, you know? Zach’s already crawling at 7 months.”

“Sorry ‘bout that, why didn’t you tell us you were pregnant?” I asked.

“I wanted to make sure, and we weren’t sure.”

“Oh.”

Apparently we ended up handing the dress to the servants for stitching.

I decided to meet Aidan again, in the gazebo next to the lake. We kept our relationship a current secret, knowing Elsa would disapprove.

“Milady,” said Aidan once I reached the lake, I decided on a fancy gown with a train (a train is like an extension on the back of the gown, which can be attached to your dress and dragged along the ground).

“Aidan, I’ve told you, I have a name, call me that,” I said to him.

“Alright, Anna.”

We sat down inside the gazebo, admiring the moonlight reflecting off of the water.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, crickets chirped, and the water lapped at the edges.

“Anna?”

“Hmmm?”

“I want to stay here, stay longer.”

My head shot up. “What?”

“I want to stay here--with you.”

I felt touched, “I’ll see what I can do.”

“That sounds great,” he said, giving me a long, passionate kiss.

 Hey ho! Anna's in love again!!! Sigh..................I updated! YAY!!!!