CHAPTER 2

Being a youth member for me didn't necessarily mean presenting with the others when their chance did. For me being present in the Church and contributing to the other services was all I did. Kenny wasn't so impressed with Belle and I for never going forward to present whenever they did for me when it came to singing, well I have been blessed with the voice and I knew all the songs to be presented.
"Jenny kindly promise me that you will present with us on Sunday?" Kenny asked me using the name I had grown to like for it came from him, back in the days I would diss them and warn them to not address me by that name again but Whenever Kenny called me I felt butterflies in my stomach and all I wanted was for him to keep calling me.
"Look, Kenny I promise that I will be sharing a new song with the members every Sunday and participate during the practice but I can't perform in front of the church am afraid of crowd." I answered him. I sat between Kenny and Belle as we waited for our usual meeting to begin, Belle kept smiling at me but I didn't understand what was making her do so. As soon as I replied to Ken I turned to look at Belle and question her on what she was smiling about, like she read my mind she leaned to my ear and whispered.
"Kenny really likes you and I can see that you like him too." She was right about me but I wasn't so sure about Kenny, I blushed then faced her denying the obvious.
"No I don't we are just friends just like you and I." Belle could not buy it she kept insisting on how I blushed whenever she talked about him and whenever he wasn't around I couldn't stop asking her of his where abouts.
Belle and I had become friends since my introduction to the youth I remember how she and her friend smiled at me as we left the meeting, they then requested me to walk with them to the bus stop that was when I realized that she also came from kahawa west but her friend came from Githurai 45 we had agreed in escorting her first then heading back to the bust stop. As we walked we shared lots of stories such that you would think that we had known each other since our childhood. This two ladies were the kind of friends I need Belle was the best friend I never had.
I looked back at Kenny and my heart flattered, Belle was right I liked him.

As the meeting begun we all concentrated on what Grace our Chairlady was saying, well not all of us for Kenny was busy on his phone texting someone, I felt jealous for a moment but assumed the feeling focusing on the meeting seconds later I felt my phone vibrate in my purse as I saw Ken put his back in his pocket. I was reluctant to take the phone as I waited for Grace to finish speaking. we had another guest in the group whom we all welcomed and started practicing the song to be presented the following Sunday, that was when I remembered the notification on my phone and grabbed my purse to take the phone, there was a smile on my face as I saw the message and sender, 'you really look pretty when you are serious miss Peterson' -Kenny
I looked to his direction so to see if he saw my reaction but he was busy talking Rocky who sat by his left.
I put the phone back in the purse as I felt warm in the inside at least he had noticed that I am pretty.
"What are you smiling about?" Belle whispered to my ear.
"Stop being nosey and focus on the meeting miss" I whispered back
"Just tell me, is it Kenny? Tell me what did he say, come on show me the text". She insisted.
Belle was very convinced about something between Kenny and I, we had been sharing our private lives since we met, she knew how much I was hung in my ex Patrick and wasn't so sure about ever dating again but the fact that Kenny was her family she had convinced me about giving it a shot. Kenny had not made any move on me yet well besides endless comments he would give me whenever we met or had a conversation. They all meant something, I had felt it since we met he was special and different more to it a simple Christian guy.
He reminded me about Patrick when we met for the first time, we had attended a Kesha in a local church at my mothers village I was in the company of my cousin, Patrick didn't say a word to me on that day he had a lady besides him, I had concluded that they were together until later that week when I realized that Patrick was single and the Lady he was with was my cousins girlfriend, I had fallen for Patrick on the first sight, the meeting venue being the church made it sweater, I thought we would last forever but two years later he betrayed me. Thinking about Kenny was almost similar with that of Patrick but Patrick was in my past and I hated to think about him or compare him with Kenny which was what I was doing now.

"Hello dear ones thanks for your continued support I would like to be updating this every day but I also have some things to take care of.
I will keep updating though.
I love you all"