CHAPTER 4

The day at work was longer than any other day maybe because I had plans later on, unlike any other Saturday, I planned on leaving work at exactly twelve on the dot. As my timer stopped I logged my machine off, bid my workmates goodbyes and took off accompanied by my few other workmates. 

I checked my phone and a smile appeared on my face, I loved the feeling that the photo gave me anytime I looked at my wallpaper all I could think of was Ken even though he wasn't the person on it. I called Belle and told her that I had left work. I was about to text Ken when my Phone buzzed from his call.

He was already in town waiting for me, would we ever be together one day? was I feeling this alone or did he have the same feelings towards me?

I alighted the matatu and headed to the cafe he had told me he was at, as I walked in I saw him sipping on something, "Hello" I said as I approached him from behind. "Hi you are just in time come on have a seat" he said as he stood and showed me the next to him.

I requested some coffee and minutes later we left the cafe and begun our journey to Arboretum, as we walked we shared stories about our up countries and to both our surprises we came from near by villages. we selected a spot where we settled. I lay on my back while Ken sat closely to me, I looked  at the skies and took all the look in

"sometimes it feels good to just keep quite and enjoy the nature" I said

"Do you know that I have never noticed that the clouds have at least three colors" I continued

I looked at him as he looked up, perhaps to confirm what I had just said then with a questioning look asked me "where is the third one?"

"Now I can see that you are concentrating, where was your mind before I spoke about the clouds?" I asked

"I was just thinking about you, now tell me about the three colors." he responded smiling.

"There, white, blue and the dark ones at least that's what we see  but in reality the clouds are grays, from white to some dark gray and almost black. Now what were you thinking about me?" I continued.

"Well, you are kind of cool fun and easy to talk to, I have known you for a very short time but I feel like we have known each other since we were children."

My heart flattered to his words, they were simple but meant something maybe we were heading somewhere after all. "I feel the same about you" I responded still facing the sky.

"I really like you and I would like to know you better, I want to be more than a friend to you"

I let his words sink in my mind, I had longed for this moment for a while but now that it was here I had no comment. I looked at the skies without blinking, my mind was blank I had no reply.

After a moment of silence Ken turned to look at me and asked me whether he had said something wrong, how was I supposed to react to this?

"Please say something" he said

"Wrong timing" I responded

"Why?" he asked

"I like you and I want that too, you just caught me off guard and this place...." I responded

"What about the place?" He asked

"Its just different but I know what we will do." I said smiling

"And whats that?" he asked as he lay down next to me, well that would be saved for later, this moment was to absorb it all and accept him and appreciate it.

I took my bottle of minute maid and sipped it, looking at his direction and asked if he wanted some, this was different the environment had changed, what comes after a friend from church says this things to you?

"I wasn't supposed to say it right now... I mean I have been wanting to say it for sometime now but in a different context and surrounding... the point is that I really want us to be together thats why I said it, I don't want to wait any longer." He said

This was different from my expectations but the point was already home, I looked in his eyes searching for any kind of emotions by my mind was on how badly I wanted to kiss him.

Without a word I leaned in towards his as if he anticipated my move he leaned closer and our lips interlocked, I froze as I let the taste of him sink in, the moment was magical, the lips had not made any movement, but the kiss felt like all I had needed in a very long time, I shut my eyes slowly waiting for his next step, he pulled mi closer and our lips moved in unison like they belonged together.

The action went on for a few seconds, when he pulled away, "I am sorry?" he said. "why? did you forget that I kissed you first?" I asked feeling a bit disappointed. "I don't want you to think that I am rushing things, I want you but I want us to take it slow if that's alright with you" he said

I was with him everything else was going to be fine by me. Few minutes later we took off to look around when we came across an ever green tree, "come on" I told him as I walked closer to it. "lets curve something on it."

"Jane and Ken... 'JAKE'" I said.

He took a pocket knife and drew a love and gave me the knife, I wrote JAKE inside the drawing and drew some arrows to complete the structure. when we were both convinced with it we took off and left the park.

It had been a good walk, when we got to town he led me to one of the major resorts where we took our dinner and desert. this was our first real date and I loved it.

We got back at kahawa west late, he escorted me to my house and with a kiss he left.

**Thankyou for reading, look out for more chapters coming soon*****

*please like, vote and comment*