Do You Love Him?

[A/N : Surprise chapter!!! I'm really proud of this one so I hope you enjoy <3]

[ WARNING FOR DEPICTIONS OF SELF-HARM AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION ]

"Professor Kukui?"

"Yeah, Gladion?"

Gladion glanced down at the boy that was currently plastered to his side, his eyes droopy with fatigue as they stopped walking. "Would you mind if Ash spent the night at the mansion tonight?"

Kukui smiled and let out a relieved sigh, "Of course, just make sure you both wake up on time for tomorrow." He walked up to Ash and held the younger man's face gently so he could talk to him. "I'll see you tomorrow son, get some good rest tonight, okay?"

"G'night, dad..." The ravenette mumbled, looking up into Kukui's eyes with an exhausted half-smile. Kukui was surprised by Ash calling him dad, but he recovered quickly and ruffled the trainer's hair.

"Take good care of him, Gladion." Kukui gave him a knowing look as he turned and continued to walk with the group.

Lillie slowed down her pace so she could walk beside her brother. "Hobbes and the driver are on their way."

"Thanks, I think it's time for bed." He smiled at Ash who was oblivious to their conversation, the younger man preferring to close his eyes and cling to Gladion like a Komala in an attempt to sleep standing up. Gladion couldn't look away from his peaceful face, very happy to see him so relaxed after the incident earlier that day.

Lillie giggled at the obviously smitten face of her brother, "You guys are too cute, you know?"

"Huh?" He looked up at her and blushed, shaking his head. "I don't know what you're talking about." He grumbled, earning a laugh from Lillie at his childishness.

Everyone gave their sleepy goodbyes and dispersed once the sleek black limousine pulled up, all of them wishing Ash a goodnight and watching him with concern. Lillie reassured them all that he would be fine while Gladion helped him into the back seat, sitting with an arm wrapped around the boy's shoulders as he laid his head on his chest.

"Pikachu, use Iron... Tail..." Ash was mumbling battle commands in his half-asleep state, at which both Gladion and Pikachu giggled. Lillie climbed in after them and she and Snowy watched the two boys with wide smiles.

When they finally reached the mansion, Gladion practically carried Ash to his room, where he laid Ash on his bed with an already sleeping Pikachu. "Huh? Where... Am I?" Ash's eyes were only slightly open but he somehow noticed that Gladion was tucking him into a bed.

"Get some rest, Ash."

"G'night Glads..." He yawned, turning towards the trainer and wrapping an arm around Pikachu. Gladion smiled at the nickname and how serene Ash looked as he drifted off to sleep. He sighed and laid on the palette that Hobbes had set out for him beforehand, both of the Lycanroc snuggling up against his back together.

-----

Gladion woke up in a dazed state, his mind taking a few moments to register the fact that it was still pitch black in his room. He was confused as to what could have woken him, so he sat up and glanced around his room, rubbing at his eyes to help them adjust faster. He looked over to the bed to see the covers thrown off to the side and Pikachu curled up by himself, with Ash nowhere to be found. He sighed and stood up slowly, stumbling around a bit as sleep still weighed heavily on his body.

The blonde knocked on the bathroom door that was connecting to his bedroom and received no answer. He opened the door and Ash wasn't there, so he scratched at his head, puzzled as to where he could have disappeared to. Gladion walked out into the dark hallways and headed towards the kitchen, thinking that maybe Ash had gone to get a drink or something. "Ash? Are you in here?" He peeked around the corner to see that some of the lights were on, dimly illuminating the countertop. "Where the hell did you go?" He grumbled, running his hands over his face as he walked around the island to go to the dining room.