chapter 1.

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗
"Okay, so, sometimes even the best
of us make rash decisions. Bad
decisions. Decisions we pretty much
know we're going to regret the
moment, the minute, especially the
morning after. I mean, maybe not
regret, regret because at least, you
know, we put ourselves out there.
But...still. Something inside us
decides to do a crazy thing. A thing
we know will probably turn around
and bite us in the ass. Yet, we do it
anyway."
╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

⚕️

NATALIE SHEPHERD WAS AWOKEN TO not only the familiarity of her comfy bed, but to a pair of muscular arms engulfing her from behind

not only the familiarity of her comfy bed, but to a pair of muscular arms engulfing her from behind. She looked down at the comforter to inspect the scene when she realized an important detail: she was naked. And when she turned around, she was met with a man. The last man that should ever be in her bed, especially with no clothes on.

"Mark. Mark! Wake the hell up," Natalie said, shaking him awake aggressively.

"It is way too early for you to waking me up like a mad women, Lexie," Mark said. He still hadn't opened his eyes and his raspy morning voice was still very apparent.

"Wake the hell up, Mark," Natalie demanded. "We're not only screwed but we're also late for work." By this time, Natalie had risen from the bed and was digging through her closet, searching for something to wear to work. Mark began to stir awake, taking in his surroundings. He soon realized he wasn't in his own apartment, nor was he in bed with his girlfriend, and quickly jumped from the bed.

"Crap, Crap, Crap!" He groaned, quite loudly while he threw on his clothes. "Lexie ... is going to kill me. Derek is going to kill me."

Natalies rushed over to him and grabbed his face, one hand on either side, making sure to get his full attention. "No one is going to kill you because no one is going to find out about this," she said. "Now get out, I have to get ready. I'm already late and Arizona has a case for me today."

Mark, now fully dressed, nodded, grabbed a few of his things and headed for the door. A piece of him almost didn't want to leave the young woman. But she was right, they were late and he needed to leave. Thankfully his apartment was only one floor above hers, so he could just run upstairs and get ready.

"Alright then, I'll see you at the hospital?" Mark asked. He wasn't even sure he would get the answer he was secretly hoping for, but took his chances.

"Unless we have case together, no you will not. Now go, I have to shower."

Mark nodded, and exited the bedroom. Natalie didn't enter her bathroom until she heard the door slightly slam behind him. She quickly showered, got dressed, and styled her hair. Thankfully, she had no marks from the previous night. None she couldn't hide, anyway.

When she was finally ready, she grabbed her keys and her bag, and headed out the door, ready to take on a day full of hiding from not only Mark, but Derek as well.

⚕️

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Let me know what you think<3