Chapter 9

UNEDITED

PARDON TYPOS

•••••

Sun was slowly disappearing, painting the sky with a beautiful reddish orange colour.

Birds were in their groups, probably going back to their nests. A single bird was flying in the opposite direction, flying high in the sky, it's wings cutting the wind.

At least the bird is free, no responsibilities, no fear of anything. I sigh staring out the window as the cool breeze blows my hair.

"Are you bored?" a familiar voice gains my attention.

"No, why would I be bored?" I replied, sarcasm lacing my voice.

I know that I should not talk to him like that because he gets angry fast but I don't care anymore. He sighed, not saying anything after my sarcastic reply. He walked over to me, standing right beside me looking out of the window.

" The view is nothing special, just some trees and grass," he said after a while.

"That's what you think," I said without thinking.

"My thinking, huh? So what do you think then?" he asked, curiosity evident in his voice.

I don't know if I should reply or not because I don't want to get in trouble again.

"Tell me, love." he said

"Well, you say it's nothing special. Just some trees and grass," I repeat his words.

"But I disagree. You see trees but you don't see how beautiful they are. You don't see how dark green their leaves are. You don't notice that a single tree over there has light green leaves in comparison to the other trees. You don't feel the light cool breeze we get because of these trees. I wonder how this grass feel. Does it feel soft when you sit or lay on it or does it feel rough."

"I never thought like that," he said, amazed by my words.

"You've got a beautiful way of seeing things, kitten." he whispered.

"Is there anything else you see, feel or wonder, which I don't?" he questioned and for the first time I saw him in a different light.  He is being really soft, understanding and talkative.

"What do you do in here? Like you don't leave your room," he asked breaking the silence.

"I listen to the beautiful music birds sing every morning. I love to see different kind of birds who live here. Every morning they sit on these trees, they sing to these beautiful trees as if they are thanking the trees to let them build their home in their branches. I love to see how free these birds are. They don't have to worry about anything. They are free to go anywhere. They are free." I sighed.

A silence took over the air. The whole room fell silent. If it wasn't the birds chirping then I would've thought that the time has stopped. None of us were moving. I was looking at Harry while he was looking out from the window.

Harry was staring out of the window, totally lost in his thoughts. A sigh left his mouth, and he turned to look at me.

"You miss being free, don't you?" he asked, surprising me.

"I do," I answered truthfully.

"I will let you go out," he said

"What?" I asked, not believing what I just heard.

"I will let you go out. You can watch the birds, these trees, you can lay down on the grass. You can listen to those birds, you can breathe in the fresh air. You can do anything you want, you will be free. Well not really free as me or Niall will be with you to keep an eye on you but you can do anything you want as long as you stay near the house." he said.

As tempting as it sounds, I know that Harry will never do anything without any motive.

"What's the catch?" I asked

"Smart girl."

"Just tell me what do you want." I said

"Your blood. I will not take too much blood tho." he replied.

"I will let you go out for as many hours as you want but in return I want your blood."

"Why do you want my blood?" I inquired.

"You ask too many questions. You will get your freedom, isn't that enough?" he said frustratingly.

He's right. Being able to go out is more than enough for me, considering my circumstances.

"So deal?" he asked

"Deal."