Chapter 2

He walked slowly to the front door of the pub just around the corner where he lives. It’s not much but it is the closest and he does not have the energy to hop into his car and drive to where some of his hometown friends are. Besides, he’s not sure if he wants to see them at all. Oddly, all he wanted to do tonight is have something burning down his throat without anyone asking why.

He is in sour mood, alright. But he is allowed to be in such a mood every once in a while right?

                He is not exactly sure why. Before he left L.A. he is alright. He has come to terms with the fact that he is coming home back to his lonely flat—yes Louis is right. But somehow landing and getting off from that airplane made him all grumpy about it. He doesn’t know if it is because each of his band mates will go to their homes with their girlfriends waiting and he is extremely jealous, or he just has that one reason really. Technically, he’s not single. He is dating Taylor Swift, but that is just the world. To him, that is just work. Why can’t he be just like Niall? Niall is single yet he seems so happy. He is content with going home to his family and eating until his stomach is about to burst.

                “The usual?” The guy behind the bar asked him.

                He nodded. Alright, he’s been here quite a few times for different reasons.

                “Give me three right away.” He does not know what possessed him to do that. He is not much of a big drinker. In fact he just drinks because of the company so he is surprised with himself as well as to why he is drinking alone in this cold December night.

                Maybe that is it. Christmas is coming and the fact that he will be spending it alone bothers him. This is the first time he will spend Christmas alone since, since that fateful night. Maybe the cold weather is making him seek for warmth or something like that. ‘It must be that’ he concluded.

                He immediately downed the first glass of alcohol that was set in front of him. He savored the slow burn in his throat and smiled at the warmth it gave his stomach. Maybe these thigs will give him the warmth he so desperately needs.

                After a couple more of that drink--- or maybe it’s more than that, he did not really count—he stumbled his way out of the pub. He laughed by himself, not knowing why he is laughing exactly. He was still laughing when he stared up at the sky. Little white snowflakes had begun to fall, making the air all the more chilling. HE laughed some more at the sky and touched the little snowflakes, evidently oblivious of how ridiculous he looked.

                He knelt at the concrete side walk and stared up high still breathing in the cold December air like it is the most amazing thing he has ever experienced. His cheeks are flushed red, both because of the cold and the alcohol he drowned himself in. His lips are its usual bright pink color although it looks a lot brighter because of the dark night being his background. He hummed a tune he heard somewhere. It was a quiet tune, almost sad. He closed his eyes and slowly let himself lay down the concrete side walk.

                Outside, he looks like just any drunkard unable to get up, but inside his head is a different story. Inside he hears thousands of screaming girls, he sees outstretched hands and flickering lights. He sees a bright smile and then a reassuring hand. He feels someone pat his back and a quiet compassion whispered to his ear. He squeezed his eyes tightly shut, willing the images to go because he does not want the next images to flash, he does not want to see.

                “Hey there curly, need some heat?” He opened his eyes and saw a woman hovering above him.

                “No I’m fine.” He answered, watching the woman. She’s beautiful, in that hidden kind of way. Her full lips are painted with bright red lipstick, striking against her jet black hair. She’s tall and white. He thinks a little too white, she looks almost pale. But that is a given since she’s wearing so little clothes. She only had a black long-sleeved shirt and black leather shorts with black pumps. Why is she wearing all black?

                “You sure, you look cold?” She purred seductively. She has been walking all night, trying to find someone who can pay her for a night. For some strange reason, the men seemed to be inside. Well, not strange really, it’s freezing and her feet are starting to hurt and she is losing feeling in her hand. She fought the urge to rub her hands together, it will make her look weak. Men like girls who can take in-charge, believe it or not.

                “Aren’t you cold?” He asked her standing up.

                “I’m not, honey, but I don’t mind you giving me some heat.” She said suggestively. This guy is starting to annoy her, he can just say yes or no and she can move one. Her legs are starting to lose color already. No one would like to have sex with an ice.

                He shrugged his white blazer that he’s been wearing from the plane and tried to drape it around her shoulders. She stepped back a little.

                “Is that a yes then?” She asked widening her eyes and licking her lower lips.

                Harry paused and thought about it for a while. The girl may look like she doesn’t need heat, like she’s trained but her legs say otherwise. She’s cold, and tired. Her legs seem to be unstable. She can straighten her back all she wants but her pale feet and hands say otherwise. He does not need to get some; especially not from someone like her, but he needs someone to talk to.

                Harry smacked himself inwardly for thinking that. Here he is in the middle of the night, thinking about the prospect of paying a prostitute so he can talk to her.

                “Mister, I can go look for somewhere else if—“

                “Come with me.” He said suddenly alert despite the amount of alcohol he just downed.

                “Alright.” She answered a small smile playing in her lips. He does look rich and young as well. He’s shorter than her in her heels, but most men are.

                Harry hailed a cab and made the woman beside him go in first. He does not know what he’s doing but he does not care. This might just be the best thing that happened to him since, since that. He looked at the girl beside him. She snuggled up close to him and he draped his arms around her, pretending she is his.

               -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N alright I know no one would read this, but just in case I ahve nothing against taylor Swift or Haylor or whatever, I just had to do that to make way for the story and the character. and I know there's nothing much in this chapter but yeah, i'm still trying to figure out what will happen. It's crappy as well, I'm sorry.