{C08: Distraction}

I stared at the ceiling of my living room. Sprawled across the couch, I sighed, then took a glance at my phone. Yeonjun told me to send him our picture, but I forgot I didn't have his number saved on mine. I don't know if he has Instagram and I'm pretty sure he shares a Twitter account with four other people.

"He hasn't called me either. What am I supposed to do then?" I muttered to myself.

Saturday went by so slowly. Maybe it's because I didn't have much on my plate. The professors hadn't assigned a lot of homework, and I know I should be grateful, but now I just feel so... bored. I badly need a distraction.

I grabbed my phone and went to YouTube, then I began typing. I admit I did become a little curious about Yeonjun's group and the type of music they make. I was about to press the video with the highest number of views, when my phone rang.

I didn't know how long I stared at the unknown number on my screen, before pressing answer. "Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Jang Hyeri?" A lady responded on the other line. With an awfully cheerful tone, might I add.

"Yes?" My heart sank, my voice hinting disappointment, but I continued either way. "Who is this?"

"Oh, this is Yu-cheol. Yeonjun's makeup artist." She answered, and I blinked. Before I could even utter a word, I hear a knock on my front door. "I'll introduce myself properly when you open the door. We really need your help."

I stopped, a few feet from the entrance. What if it's a reporter? What if this is a scam? But other than my friends, Yeonjun is the only one that has a copy of my number. Nevertheless, my curiosity got the best of me, and I pried the door open.

"Hi! Oh, wow you're really tall."

I stared at Yu-cheol, taking in her small figure. No, you're just really short. I wanted to answer, but I suppressed the urge. Around her shoulders was a trench coat, one size larger for her, and black suede boots. She tied her black hair into a loose ponytail, strands unravelling as she waves her hand.

She holds out her arm, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Come with me, let's get you to the studio and I'll explain the legal things on the way."

"I— um. S-Studio?"

Yu-cheol sighs, her outstretched hand dropping to her side. She pouts. "I guess I'll explain here then. Eternally's music video is on the works today. And there's this one annoying model. She bailed on us! Can you believe it? Her net worth isn't even that high yet—"

"And I'm involved because?"

"Oh, Yeonjun recommended you." A smile breaks through her lips. "Now come on, I can't wait to get my hands on a hair straightener."

When I got there, the huge studio was bustling with people. There was one intimidating side with a lot of green screens and cameras, but Yu-cheol pulled me away. One group had me sign papers, instructing what I had to do, apologizing for the short notice, and explaining my pay.

I could only nod, but deep inside, my brain is bleeding with so much information. The zeros made me dizzy. Fortunately, I didn't need to show my face on camera, so I had no issues with filming. This was a lot to take in. Yu-cheol had been by my side throughout the whole process, leaving only when she was called for the member's retouch.

"So this is what he does." I commented. She me down on a revolving stool, retrieving a flat iron. "We haven't even started and I'm already exhausted."

I jinxed myself for complaining about boredom earlier. Yu-cheol flashes a grin as she presses my hair between the straightener, steam puffing out. "How did you meet Yeonjun? Oh wait— are you the mystery girl?"

I winced. "I guess I am."

A laugh escapes her lips. "Yeonjun's name trended on Twitter for two whole days! The fans skyrocketed CROWN's views, too."

I knew she meant it well-intentionally, but I secretly frowned. Is that what this is? A little publicity stunt?

"And you're all done." Yu-cheol pats my head, beaming one satisfied smile. She motions me to the dressing room, closing the curtains securely. "Call me when you're finished dressing up."

I stared at the white dress hanging on the rack for who knows how long, before I slipped into it.

The sleeves ended perfectly around my wrists, the waist line was perfectly snug, although the hem fell too long below my knees. It didn't matter. I fastened the zipper up but it stuck abruptly just above my hips. I pull it down then tugged it up, but it doesn't go all the way.

I drew the curtains, intending to call Yu-cheol, but the word die in my throat.

"Oh, I didn't know you were here."

Yeonjun lays down his sweater on the small table. My eyes immediately roamed everywhere in the room, all but his topless figure. "You're the one who got me in this."

He chuckled, slipping another outfit over his head. "I thought you were hugging Soobin already."

"Jealous?"

"Hardly." Yeonjun rolls his eyes, shaking his head as he does. "He has a girlfriend."

"Well, he does a much better job at hiding a relationship than you." I pulled on the zipper, but it still won't move. "Have you seen Yu-cheol? I'm having trouble zipping up this dress."

"Here, let me help."

My eyes narrowed at him almost immediately as I backed into the changing room. "No way."

"Yu-cheol is retouching Soobin's makeup. Do you really want to stay here for the next 10 minutes with your back in the open?"

I sighed in defeat. "Fine."

I turned around, hearing his footsteps get closer to me. I only kept my eyes on the mirror mounted on the wall.

Yeonjun collects the length of hair, softly tugging at it, and my breathing hitched. He set it aside, fingers brushing the skin of my shoulder. His eyes were intently focused on my back.

He draws the zipper down, dangerously stopping on the end of spine, and he purses his lips. I almost shivered as he began pulling it up. This time it didn't stop midway.

A satisfying zip echoed the room as it ended right below my nape. I turned, exiting the dressing room too quickly.

"Thank you." I looked over, clearing my throat. He had his hands in his pockets, leaning on the door to the dressing room. I motioned him to follow. "Will you be watching me?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."