Chapter 22

Back To Reality

Dana's POV

One of the most courageous decisions you'll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul. 

it's been a week since our vacation happened. Cheerful moments with no worries are better than making ourselves being hog-tied with desperation. I find myself contented and ebullience, which surrounds me with a positive outcome in my whole soul. 

This week was such a busy week. Rehearsing and working part-time gives me more energy and confidence at the same time. It's the healing process maybe, but I love how it works this way. 

We're still friends since we are living in the same building and we are still neighbors after all. He treats me to meals after his work and my work. I know Daniel is still in love with me, he always reminds me of that. It's tough to fight against your own feelings towards the person you love, and I admit that I still love him, he still has a special place in my heart. 

He always texted me every day and every night, he always reminds me to not skip my meals and be healthy. He's busy at work and always on a business trip so he orders food every time he's away. I also reply to his text messages and calls.  We even still have conversations when we are on our terraces, and having a beer to chat with is enough for both of us.  

One day he was on a business trip to Madrid, Spain and he called me on WeChat. 

"Hi! How are you?" asked Daniel. 

"Hello! I'm good! Been doing great these past few days. How about you?" asked Dana.

"I'm doing great also, I'm just a little bit tired after our meeting. I'm here now at the hotel, here let me show you the view," says Daniel. 

"Wow! That's breathtaking Dani! Feels like I am also in the place. You know what, when I was young, I told myself that someday I will travel the world. I realize I need to eat more food than traveling. Haha!" Dana laughed. 

"Well, I think I have to bring you here. Do you still remember? Did we use to talk about going to Paris? We dreamt of working there but we end up working here in New york! Hilarious but I loved it since I am with you." explains Daniel.

"Yeah, I remember that! We want to go to the Eiffel Tower just to know how many steps to get on top. Haha! Hilarious right? But I'm happy now and content that we both stayed at the same place and city." says Dana. 

"Hey! by the way, did you eat your dinner?" asked Daniel.

"Oh, I forgot, I have to order it again since I was so busy. I forgot to drop by Beni's Restaurant," says Dana. 

"Really? But you don't have to worry. You just have to wait there okay?" said Daniel. 

"Why?" asked Dana.

A knock on a door... 

"Wait, someone's knocking," explains Dana.

She answered and look at the peephole. She only saw a delivery boy bringing a food container. She then signed the receipt and said "Thank You" to the delivery boy. 

"Surprise! I know you've been a busy buddy these few days, so I decided to get the contact number of Beni's Restaurants and contacted them to deliver it at dinner time. Are you happy?" asked Daniel. 

"You don't need to Dani! I still have my feet, I can walk by there anyway, but, hey! Thank you so much for this food. I will treat you next time for a meal." says Dana.

"You don't have to, I still care for you you always know that. Just let me take care of you, even if you're not feeling the same way okay?" said Daniel. 

"Alright alright! fine, you win! Let's eat?" asked Dana. 

"Sure! wait, someone is knocking," says Daniel.

Daniel peeps on the peephole to see if it's his food, then he's right, it's his dinner. 

"I have also a meal. Let's eat?" asked Daniel. 

"Sure! Then let's eat! Bon appetit!" said Dana.

"Bon appetit!" replied Daniel. 

They enjoyed talking again to each other and being comfortable is their only way to start their new journey at least again is better. Khalil Gibran once said, "To be able to look back upon one's life in satisfaction is to live twice." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------