Chapter Thirteen

.

A/N: This isn't considered a chapter really, since this is a lil valentine's day special~

Schools out for a week so expect more frequent updates (')

.

Second Person

The whole journey to the mansion was a pain and a half. Zenitsu never gave up on asking you to be his wife, ignoring all of your signs that you didn't want to do anything with him at all... Not at the moment.

Halfway through the uncomfortable journey, you began to let your mind wonder from time to time, thinking about the amazing people you met in your life and if there will be a chance that you could choose to be romantically involved with someone.

You thought anything was possible and since you and Tengen Uzui were extremely competitive then you could definitely marry someone. If he had three wives then you could possibly have four, and a husband. But you're not that stupid to make such a decision since you are still in the demon slayer corps at such a high rank and you didn't want love to get in the way... But oh boy you didn't know what is waiting for you in the future.

Your mind also wondered back to your friends, Shinobu and Mitsuri, since it has been over a year since you have last seen them or last heard of them. You also thought about Kanao. Even if you have seen her once in your lifetime, you couldn't help but miss her presence but...

why did Shinobu and Yuri look so surprised when she started speaking?

Was she mute?

You blinked a couple of times before thinking back to your childhood best friend, Yuri, you always described her as a quirky girl who wore glasses. The last time you have seen her was also on the day you officially became a Pillar and it has confused you to see the redhead ever since, in the demon slayer uniform standing alongside Kanao and Shinobu when you woke up in the hospital.

You started to reminisce about the time you spent with the other hashira, your late night talks with Obanai and your hikes with Himejima when he placed you onto his shoulders so you could get a better view of what was above the trees. You also thought about the times you would train with Sanemi and he would degrade you... In a way that you found his comments funny and he would get confused at your reactions which would cause play fights between you.

"(Y/N)-Chan~," You hear from beneath you, causing you to subconsciously look down at Zenitsu who is latched onto your leg for more than a couple of hours. You sigh and start to vigorously shake the poor boy off before grabbing his arm and throwing his weak body over your head so that you are giving him a piggyback but he is upside down... Not the best form of transport.

"(Y/N)! W-What are you doing?!" Zenitsu gasps and you chuckle as you speed up your pace with the blonde boy hanging off of you helplessly.

"Isn't this what you wanted, pretty boy," You laugh majestically, turning your head to see Zenitsu's face starting to turn red.

"G-Gah! You called me pretty... haha~," Zenitsu giggles dreamily as he places his hands onto his cheeks to calm him down.

Tanjiro smiles happily from afar at the two of you, admiring the way you jumped around with the clingy boy on your back as you blurt out jokes here and there. Although it seems like he is having a fun time watching you and the blonde converse the way you did, the redhead felt a stinging sensation in his chest and he knew the exact feeling that he had... Envy.

Tanjiro was always accepting of his own feelings for you, even at times when your sarcasm and your remorseless comments was extremely uncontrollable but he would lose it at times when he felt jealous. Which unfortunately, is what he is feeling right now.

Tanjiro jogs up to you and Zenitsu and realizes that you finally placed the blonde boy on your back correctly, so that his arms are wrapped around your shoulders from behind him and that you are carrying the boy on your back.

"(Y/N)!" Tanjiro screeches, and you hum in confusion when you turn to look at him, the same expression on Zenitsu's face.

"I want you to carry me!" Tanjiro yells and you chuckle before stretching your arms out to the redhead, watching his face light up.

"You, my friend, is going to be held bridal style," You flirtatiously explain, winking at the male jokingly to add to the clichéness of the situation.

Unknown to you, Tanjiro begins to feel a warm feeling that he has never once experienced in his life, his stomach fluttered with butterflies every time you made eye contact, his face would heat up, but not to a point where it could be noticeable.

You suddenly pick up Tanjiro, causing him to gasp in surprise and you hold him up to you as you admire his features a bit, knowing that this is the first time you have seen Tanjiro's scar and beautiful piercing eyes just inches away from you, despite your moments off affection you had with him in the past.

Tanjiro has also noticed it and started to admire your features too, your confident smile, your caring (E/C) eyes and your rosy cheeks that complimented your (S/C) skin...

Rosy cheeks...

You were blushing... And this even made you panic a bit causing you to sharply inhale some air before you, causing you to trip over a rock before you collide with the boys.

Tanjiro and Zenitsu start falling and you mentally apologize to Nezuko since she is in the box with Tanjiro.

"(Y/N)! Is my cutie okay?~" Zenitsu whines tiredly, seeming careless at the fact that he has also fell, probably bruising his butt at the contact with the ground.

"Y-Yeah, It's hard carrying two people," You sigh in annoyance before standing up.

"Come on, let's get going by foot then," Tanjiro suggests, smiling warmly into your direction and you nod.

"Yeah..."

.

.

.

A/N: Wow, I didn't know what I was thinking whilst writing this but it's good enough and I kinda like the idea of this but we needed more Nezuko fluff but I didn't wanna ruin the plot of Zenitsu protecting the box -_-

Anyways, hope you guys have a wonderful day~ stay safe everyone!!