Chapter 1: A Game of God

A/N: I know today is a Monday, but fret not! This Thursday, we will have another update!

Third person POV

"Ugh..." Nako grimaced as she was pulled out of the debris - her petite body wedged between two layers of sheet metal. It belonged to what was once the body of the aircraft, but now, an indistinguishable mess of shattered glass and charred aluminum. She could smell the putrid scent of burning flesh just masked by the overwhelming stench of kerosene accumulating in a pool beneath them. Her blurry vision adjusted to the bright lights as she emerged from a mountain of debris, her hands subconsciously held up to shield her eyes from the skies. Then, she found herself face to face with the duo - her Eunbi and Chaewon unnies.

"..three, pull." In sync, the two members helped Nako out of the trench, as a result of the devastating crash caused by unforeseeable circumstances. "Careful..." Eunbi held Nako's hands, while Chaewon lifted her by her lower limbs. They laid her gently by an open patch of fresh, cooling snow left unscathed from the mess, just outside the perimeter of the crash. "Hsss..." The little girl hissed in pain, gritting her teeth as she endured the searing ache emanating from her torso. It felt damp and sticky as she touched the tender area - she was bleeding heavily. Her eyes met the ground where she laid, seeing the pure white surface instantly stained with her own ruby red blood.

"Everything's gonna be alright, Nako." Eunbi assured her, holding her head to let her rest easily on a tattered cushion - the remnants of a seat of the aircraft. "What do you need, Chaewon?" Eunbi turned to regard her.

She stood over Nako's body for a moment, eyeing her thoughtfully. Her gaze lowered, caught in an internal world of her own, before she spoke, "M-maybe a first aid kit? Every p...plane should have one." Eunbi scanned the wreckage of the plane, immediately finding a green box latched tightly against one of the broken emergency exits. There wasn't even enough time for the crew to react, otherwise they could have all escaped before the aircraft pummeled to its impending doom from 35,000 feet in the air, she thought.

Looking at Nako, Eunbi believed that she hadn't been too badly hit from the impact of the crash. A few shallow wounds and scars across her exposed skin - like her face and her hands - were just mere inconveniences to her. She knew, the others must have it worse. She spares no time to waste, dashing for the first aid box with what little energy remaining in her muscles, before returning to Chaewon's side. She watched as Chaewon composed her nervous breathing, hands trembling as she drenched a cotton gauze with saline solution. With much skill and adept, she cleans the solidified blood surrounding the wound - revealing the shard of metal stuck into Nako's tummy. It had the length of a freshly carved pencil, and she knew that this was going to hurt Nako more than it would pain her heart.

"You can do it, Chaewon." Eunbi smacked her hands, causing her wobbliness to instantly dissipate. She nodded in thanks, before injecting a few doses of anesthetic to ease the pain on Nako. The girl was too tired to thrash about in pain, only able to let out a few cries for help as she bore with the sharp object etched in her body. "I'm sorry, Nako..." Chaewon pulled the metal out, causing the girl to scream in a god-awful shriek. Her voice thundered across the valley of spruce trees around the wreckage, scaring a couple of birds as they took off in fear.

Nako panted as she let her head sink back onto the ground.

"Take care of her, Chaewon. I'm going to find others." She announced, before dashing off into the site. Time was of the essence now - there was no telling how the others are faring after what happened. For all she knew, their conditions might be more severe than Nako's.

Chaewon pinched the bridge between her eyes, feeling drained after helping Nako overcome her treacherous ordeal. She warded away her lethargy, kneeling down to help attend to the girl.