One

I woke up, and got up straight away. Today was the day i would finally attend Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. I had been waiting for this moment to happen for months. The only reason i was able to join this late (i was fifteen) was because my mother was friends with Dumbledore, the headmaster. She had been one of his students, and now it was my turn. My mother was a witch, my father was a muggle. He got such a shock when he found out, that he moved away. Me and my mother didn't care though, we were fine just by ourselves, and my little sister Maria, who will be starting next year, as she is only nine years old. I stuffed my feet inside my slippers, and walked downstairs. My mother was already sitting there, in her dressing robe, with a cup of coffee in her hand. "Morning" i said, pouring myself a cup of coffee. "Good morning sweetie" she said, kissing my forehead. "Did you sleep well?" I sighed. "Not really, because I'm so excited" she smiled. Maria came downstairs, and i made her a bowl of cereal. She sat down beside me, and began eating. "So Amy, have you got all of your books?" Asked mother. I nodded, and took a sip of my coffee. She nodded, and teared up. "I can't believe it. My girl, going to Hogwarts" she said, wiping her eyes. I hugged her. I looked at the time. "I should get going, it's 10 to 10" she stood up. "Do you need a ride there?" She asked. I smiled. "Ill take a cab" I said. She smiled back. "Ok" she called for a cab, as i ran upstairs to get my trunk. I said one last goodbye to mother and Maria, and closed the door. The cab was out there waiting for me. "Where to?" Asked the man. "Kings Cross Station" i said, taking out a breakfast bar from my pocket. I munched through it, as the man drove me there. I payed him, and got out of the cab. My mother gave me 'simple' instructions. Just walk in between the walls of platform 9 and platform 10 to get to platform 9/34. Great. I was getting ready to have a concussion, but i was ready. I took a deep breath, and ran between the walls.