Chapter 2

* Tent-line is a populated area where everyone's tent's are sitting*

I was in this new profound territory, still having no clue as to why I'm here. Last night was rough I kept having nightmares and would wake up crying. I start to walk into the forest maybe I'll find Kayla? As I'm waking towards the other side with my water bottle I hear "Where your going sleepy head"  Kayla says as she jumps of a tree. 

"You... How did you get up there?" I say surprised because the distance was quite the stretch. 

"I used to hunt with my dad it's a key skill you need in the forest." Kayla says and starts to walk alongside with me. 

"Skill? That's your skill Kayla hunting!" I say when it rings a bell.

"I don't think so?" Kayla says shaking her head. 

"What are you two good looking girls doing on this trail" a guy says behind us.

"Listen kid this ain't a date club or something so keep your silly remarks to yourself" Kayla says turning around.

"Oh really? your other friend didn't seem to mind right... Ella?" The dude says 

"Listen Eric leave her alone she just got here enough of your crap" Kayla says 

"Or what!" Eric says putting his chest in Kayla's face.

"I'll give you some tips just come in my tent" Eric says 

"Alright tough kid is your talent flirting because it's really pathetic. Take your little butt and walk back to the tent-lines" I say 

"Or what Kayla what are you going to do" Eric says 

"You don't want to go there Eric your pushing it" Kayla says and pushes him.

"Or what Kayla, why don't you tell everyone we were in love. Your dad was the best hunter in town and he gave you that gift. You just had to take that arrow and throw it at my heart. Kayla please!" Eric says trying to grab her arm

"My dad's blessing is number one for me, it's best you leave" Kayla says and turns around

"Fine, here's letters one for you and one for you everyone got their except you two" Eric says and hands us the letters. Eric walks away in defeat and I open the letter

Dear Ella,

My dear, the time is near for me to come and expose what's deep in my heart. No not love, that was sadly taken away from me. Your talents will be exposed and you all are in a competition for survival. That doesn't mean go kill anyone, and if someone is planning this severe action will be taken. You all are being observed... More soon to come. Also! My dear son will be joining you all soon he studied abroad and will take over this competition after so like me he must compete fair and square. No this is not divergent or hunger games this is something real something much more.......

Good day; I will visit soon when you all will know 

- Forest Rule

 "WHAT!" Kayla says ripping the paper and throwing it in the air. 

"His son is coming, he puts his sons in whenever their ready. No one will win!" Kayla says

"We should go to the water area" I say and we walk quickly there was tension and silence. Just our distraught thoughts following us. 

I start to wash my arms and my face, "I'm going to go back to tent line to grab my bottle, be right back." Kayla says and I nod. 

As I kneel down on the ground I fill my bottle with water and start to get up. My left leg is numb and fell asleep I start to lose my balance. I fall back cold in the water with a splash. I start to swim but realize I'm only drifting further away.