Dreaming of You

Thanks again for all the encouragement! I guess I will be keeping my Adam/Sarah duo as it was. Unfortunately that story was a tragedy, but I might bring them back in flashbacks and to draw parallels to Kessi as I go along. Also, to clarify, Bryan Taylor is a complicated guy – he cannot actually lie to Jessi since she would detect him, but he doesn't have to tell her everything either (unless she makes him!).

I am not associated with Kyle XY in any way.

I was laying awake in my tub contemplating the recent events. My senses were sharpened. It was 11:43 at night. A slight smell of ozone lingered in the air after a light rain. The air temperature was 73 Fahrenheit. I could hear many sounds outside – the barking of Amanda's dog, car alarm going off in the distance, a heartbeat approaching my window... I could recognize that sound anywhere. Almost hypnotized I walked to my window and opened it. I have not seen Jessi since our fight for what felt like years and wanted to explain myself.

"Jessi, I am so glad to see you are alright" Kyle said as he opened the window "Are you coming back to us?"

"No, I know Nicole does not want me here anymore" Kyle opened his mouth do defend his mother but Jessi cut him off "Its alright, I am grateful for the time I spent with the Tragers, but it is time to move on"

"The day you ran away I was running after you, but I was attacked...." Kyle started

"So you did not stop chasing me?" Jessi asked with hope

"I promised I would never leave you." Kyle said and took Jessi's hands into his

"Jessi, the day Cassidy was here I was so confused about my feelings, I should have been there for you but..."

"You thought I changed you, corrupted you" Jessi said with a tear on her face

"No, don't ever think that!" He said with conviction "You are the reason I did not kill him. You always had so much faith in me... I just couldn't let you down."

"Really?" Jessi asked softly. Kyle realized he was getting to her

"Its true, you changed me and I changed you..." Kyle looked her in the eyes. With his right hand he wiped the single tear from her face. His hand lingered on her cheek. A familiar sensation of electricity cursed through their bodies.

"You showed me how to be extraordinary..."

Another urge came over me. Jessi was looking as beautiful as ever, my hand gently cupping her cheek. Her large brown eyes were looking at me with a combination of hope and desire. This time I did not want to control myself. I kissed her gently at first, careful not to force her into anything she did not want to do. She held my left hand in hers and ran her other hand through my hair. I felt a rush come over my entire body, my hands, my hair, my lips... For the first time since I understood it's concept, I lost track of time: it seemed that the universe itself has stopped to let us have this moment. I did not want it to end. Finally as we both needed air I slowly separated myself from her. She smiled at me happily as our eyes met again. She has been through so much, seeing her happy elevated my already fast heart rate. Suddenly my vision became blurry...

"Jessi!" Kyle reached out in desperation

…........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"No just poor old me pumpkin" Hillary said as she sat down on the couch next to Kyle.

I looked around. I was laying on a couch in Hillary's house. I could sense the residue of tranquilizers still polluting my body. I realized it was all a dream. But how could my dream be so vivid, so real?