Thirteen

*sad chapter*

I awoke to a sleepy 'Liss snuggled into my chest

I awoke to a sleepy 'Liss snuggled into my chest. I smile, kissing her forehead which caused her to smile.

Gently removing her from my grip, I roll over and check the time. 5AM. I sigh. It's too early, but I guess I'm not going back to sleep.

Guess I'll work on some writing. I was dreading today.
Swinging my legs over the bed, I throw on some pants and head downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and get something to drink.

Tapping my fingers on the worktops, I start to write some lyrics to a new song.

Around twenty minutes later, I feel a pair of petite arms find their way around my waist, I smile as I turn to face her. "Morning." I smile, kissing her lips.
"Morning," She smiles. "You're up early." She sits next to me.
"Yeah," I sigh. "I couldn't sleep."
She sighs too. "I'm sorry Char, I know how hard today is for you. You should have woke me, I'd have come down with you."
"It's okay, baby, I wanted some time to myself to be honest. And besides you looked so cute fast asleep so I left you to it." I admit.
She giggles lightly. "Well I'm not surprised after last night." She blushes.
I just chuckle. "You can go back to bed if you want?"
"I'm okay, I'm up now," She kisses my nose. "What's this you're working on?" Her head pokes over my shoulder, checking out what I've written.

Bright
Sometimes I think I'm falling down, I wanna cry, I'm calling out for one more try, to feel alive. And when I feel lost and alone I know that I can make it home. Fight through the dark and find the spark.
Life is a risk but I will take it, close my eyes and jump. Together I think that we can make it, come on let's run.

"New song?"
"Just something I'm working on. Songs always help to lift my spirits."
"Well I really like it." She smiles.
"Well you are the inspiration behind it." I admit.
"What?!"
"Yeah. The lyrics, 'And when I feel lost and alone I know that I can make it home. Fight through the dark and find the spark', I wrote about you. You're my home, 'Liss. My life is a risk, but I'm glad I did take it because I met you. You're my brightness in the dark, and my spark." I finish seeing a few tears forming. I wipe them away with the pad of my thumb.
" It's too early for this, Gillespie." She giggles.
"Sorry, " I kiss her head.  She giggles. "What?"
"Nothing. Just the way you say sorry is adorable." She giggles again.
"je t'aime." I just reply in French.
"I hate you right now." She groans.
"Why?" I smirk, knowing full well why she does.
"You know full well why, Gillespie," She glares at me playfully. "You know what you talking in French does to me." She whispers.
"I know. That's why I do it." I smirk.
"I hate youuuuuu." She mumbles.
"No you don't." I chuckle.
"No you're right, I don't. je t'aime aussi." She replies back.
"Now who's being a tease." I chuckle.
"Shut up." She giggles, embarrassed.
I just laugh. "Hey, I know it's early, and you probably can't, but shall I make us some breakfast? You need to eat something."
I sigh, I know she's right. "Yeah, I can try."
"Good," She smiles, kissing my lips. "I'll do you something light, okay?" I nod.