Chapter Three

Hi Everyone! I know I havent updated in forever. I dont have an excuse im on summer now. I'm so sorry guys. But thank you all so much for sticking around and thank the Lord or giving me an oppotunity to write and update. Just a couple announcements:

*Please if you can check out my percy jackson fan fiction

*can someone let me know if they saw a message come out from me about a month ago. I sent one out but i have no idea if wattpad sent it out

Thank you! Happy reading! - gabs <3

Mell's POV

I pressed my face against the car window, letting buildings, the sky, and my day dreams past by. Rain drops raced across the car as the world was drowned outside. The cool, flawless glass paralyzed the tingles that were still dancing on my lips.

Why did Alexander come to London? The sound of my front door closing was still pounding in my ears. With his shoulders tense and eyes cold, Alexander left my apartment at the sight of my packed bags. Missing his premiere? I had to be put in the best girlfriend records for that one. But why did he come just when I got to London?

The stare of two green eyes pulled me out of my blurred state of mind. Harry's face was about a millimeter away from my own. His eyebrows were furrowed together, and his lips were melting into one thin line.

"Is he a spy?" He whispered.

"No Haz," I chuckled, "he's my boyfriend."

Then the car exploded. Niall spit-taked into Zayn's hair. Louis early swerved off the road. Harry plopped back into his own seat, gasping. And Liam...he wouldn't look up from the bug chewing on his shoe lace.

Tina just sipped her drink and leaned back in her seat, shrugging.

She snickered, "Yeah, I don't like him either."

***

I braced myself for an explosion of pastels - blues, reds, even orange - to be plastered all over. Annie would've had inspirational quotes from cats painted across the walls. Oh, and glow in the dark stars would definitely be hanging from the ceiling.

But as I pushed open the door to Annie's loft I saw....beige. Not even a a spot of beige in a swirl of psychedelic colors, but beige everywhere. The only other member of the color palate seemed to be gray. Beige and gray...they were on Annie's "Most Boring Color EVER" list that she had followed since kindgergarten. There were no abstract art hanging at different angles on the wall, and the entire place seemed void of any optomistic words of wisdom. Even the constant smell of cooking herbs that I grew up smelling at Annie's had vanished. It reminded me of our old appartment...before we moved in.

"You know for a hippie's place," Tina mused, "It's pretty zen."

"Guys, where's Annie?" I asked. The boys blinked back in shock. All except Niall. He slumped against a wall and pointed to a letter on the counter.

Zayn reached out and read, "Dear Boys, I couldn't bear to say goodbye, so I figured I'd write it here instead. I've been offered a position at City Lights CO. as stylistic consultant. It's always been a dream of mine to work there, you all know that. It breaks my heart to leave. You all have been so kind and such a wonderful family these past months, and I'm sure I'll see you again. I want to say thank you, thank you for everything - all the laughs and tears and parties and fun and even the idoitic pranks that I've learned to love. I want to take what I said earlier back. It isnt goodbye, because goodbye means forever. So I guess its just see ya later? Keep in touch. Love, The Redhead."

"So...she's a hippie, whose house is zen, and works for a corporation...This girl is seriously full of contradictions!" Tina pointed out.

Louis broke out an elfish smile, "like a...STARBURST!!!"