The Start of the Case

(Once again, this chapter will be in Sabine's and Yanshi Hima's Point of view from the past. If you do not support the LGBT+ community and you decide to stop reading this story, I'll respect your decision. Please do not post any hateful comments. With that said, please enjoy the chapter☺💖)

Yanshi Hima's POV

It was time for me to sign the official contract to start my job, working for the prince of China who is an absolute jerk. Of course, the prince of China won't see me personally. He'll most likely send someone else in his place like a temporary assistant. He's done it before in countless of events that he deems unworthy of his presence.

I was told I was going to be taking a private jet to New York City and I will be signing the contract on the private jet. I am at the airport right now in California, waiting to be called when it is time to go to the private jet.

Just as if on cue, my phone rings in my back pocket. I grab it and asnwer the call.

" Mr. Yanshi, please go to the main front desk and say these specific words. " Golden dragon, take flight." The person on the phone said.

" Okay." I said and ended the call. I walked up to the main front desk as directed and noticed that there were only two other people, thankfully. I waited for about 25 minutes, and when it was my turn, I wasted no time.

" Hello, how can I help you." The person on the other side of the desk asked politely. I looked her in the eyes and repeated the words I was told to say.

" Golden dragon, take flight."

They gasped and quickly tried to cover it up with a slight cough.

" Follow me, sir." I flinched as they used that pronoun. They walked out from the back of the desk and motioned me to follow. I silently followed them, dragging along my suitcase behind me.

" Here we are sir, but first I will need to verify your identity and check your belongings for anything that might be hazardous." They said. I looked at them in literal bewilderment.

" Here is my verification of who I am and why do I have to do that whole process of checking my belongings again?" I asked. They sighed after they checked my verification and made sure I was the right person.

" Look sir. This is part of my job and especially since I'm dealing with a very private,not to mention wealthy, client, and I have to make sure that there will be no harm or illegal activity within this encounter with you." They said seriously. I sighed in understanding their situation. I don't want to cause them any problems for their already stressful enough job.

" Alright, I understand. Here." I said, handing them my suitcase. They gave me a small smile and I watched as they carefully checked everything I had. After they were done, they looked at me and as if knowing what they were going to ask me, I raised my arms stretching them out to the side and let them do what they have to do. After that process was done and nothing was found, I was finally able to go to the private jet.

" Thank you sir for cooperating. Enjoy your flight!" They said after they walked me to the private jet. I forced a smile and nodded.

" Thank you, have a wonderful day!" I said as I watched them walk away. I honestly can't stand it when people call me he/him pronouns. I usually correct people, but I can't anymore...at least not now since I'll be taking on a job working for the prince of China. If word got out to him that I was correcting people about my pronouns even before signing the contract, he'd probably deny me the job or rip up the contract and I won't be able to hopefully see Sabine again. I can't let that happen. I just have to control myself until after my job is done.