Hello...Mother

(Back to the Present)

Adrien's POV

I watched as Mari buried herself with work. Ever since she found that her adoptive parents are alive and her supposed biological father is The King of China, she hasn't been able to stop working.

" Mari, please take a break. You look exhausted. Have you even been sleeping recently?" I asked her as I rubbed her back.

" This work is really important, Adrien. Thousands of lives are counting on me. I sleep...occasionally..." She said, without looking at me.

I sighed and decided to forcibly take her away from her work...again!...

" Alright, that's enough!" I yelled and yanked Mari from her office chair and hauled her over my shoulder.

" Adrien. Please put me down." She said with a sigh.

" No Marinette. You need some time to relax. You said so yourself. You only sleep occasionally. That isn't enough and you know it. Even though your office is within our home, you barely come out and I'm pretty sure you are sleeping in this room instead of mine or yours. Please Mari...take a break. You worked so hard that I am certain that you have a whole week of work done from what you have just did today." I said while walking out with Mari, out of her office and down the stairs where my Father and Nathalie are.

" I can't Adrien! I don't-"

" You told me that if you began to lose yourself in your work, that I had the permission to call you out on it and forcibly take you out if needed." I said, interrupting her refusal.

Mari stayed silent...

I put her down onto the living room couch. Both Nathalie and Father gave me thumbs up of approval. I smiled softly.

I sat down beside Mari, and held her in my arms.

Mari had her head hanging down the whole time. I looked at her and saw her lap getting damp.

She was crying silently.

" Mari I-"

A loud sob interrupted me. I looked at Nathalie and then my Father.

" Y-You're right!*sobs* But I just...I just don't want to think of my life right now...*sobs* "Mari cried. I held her tighter in my arms.

" I know you don't, but your mental and physical health are suffering from you overworking yourself, Love." I said as I scratched her head in order to somewhat calm her down.

"....I'm tired...." She said as she began to fall asleep in my arms. I accidentally put her to sleep...Good...since she needs to sleep anyways.

KNOCK

KNOCK

KNOCK

Someone was at the door and Nathalie got up to check who it was.

GASP

Nathalie let out a loud gasp which caught mine and my father's attention.

" Who is at the door Nat?" My father asked.

" Gabe..." She said quietly...

" Gabe...If I told you that Emilie is back...what would you do....?" She said and both our eyes were opened wide from the comment.

" Is it her Nathalie? Tell me." Father said, his voice a lot more harsh then literally just a few seconds ago. I looked at my father and then at Nathalie.