Alaska

Alaska

Nicknames: Al, 'Laskie, 'Laska, 49, Snowball, AK-49 (or 47), Icepack, Elsa, Fake Santa, Sourdough, Last Frontier, Land of the Midnight Sun, Alex (human nickname)

Gender/Pronouns: male, he/him

Age: (in human years) 237, (in state years) 22
Born 1784

Sexuality: demiromantic asexual

Languages: English, Alaskan Russian, Alutiiq, Yup'ik, Ahtna, Dena'ina, Deg Xinag, Eyak, Gwich'in, Haida, Hän, Holikachuk, Inupiaq, Koyukon, Lower Tanana, St. Lawrence Island Yupik, Tanacross, Tlingit, Tsimshian, Unangax̂, Upper Kuskokwim, Upper Tanana, learning Hawaiian

Relatives: Russian Empire (father), Aleut (mother), Russia (half-brother), Ukraine (half-brother), Soviet Union (half-brother)

(Yes, the USSR is his half-brother because a human brother of his became the Soviet Union- so that's why the USSR isn't Alaska's nephew)

Friends: Hawai'i, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Mongolia*

Pets: 3 huskies (Chalky, Sooty and Inky), one being a puppy, and a pug-husky mix named Bear

Appearance: Alaska is a bulky and tall state, being nearly at the height of America himself. He has light yellow eyes with blue star pupils, and his face is freckled with minuscule yellow stars like the ones on his flag. His hair is fluffy and (dyed) blonde. When it comes to clothing, he tends to wear warmer clothing around others, and on his own time wearing what you'd expect from someone in the summer- even in the cold. Though, up in his state when the weather's rough, he tends to bundle up, wearing ice cleats and 'bunny boots'. His body is absolutely covered with little star freckles.

Human Form: Going by Alexei/Siku (his Aleut name) Borovkov, he has (dyed) blonde hair like in his state form, and sienna skin. His eyes are brown. His natural hair color is black.

Personality: An undoubtedly gentle and kind personality, Alaska is difficult to remain mad at- if for some reason he ever gave one a reason to be upset in the first place. Calm and patient, he's one of the most tolerant presences in the house, and that's why many states enjoy being around him. Unfortunately for them, Alaska is quite introverted and a man of few words. Being stuck in extended conversation drains him. He has a high tolerance for a lot of things, and almost never is caught off guard or complains- if a problem arises, he usually just solves it. Crafty and resourceful out of what would be necessity, as well as being persistently generous, it's not uncommon for him to volunteer to help with a variety of things.

Backstory: Alaska was born in 1784, once the first permanent settlement in Alaska was founded on Kodiak Island. His mother, Aleut, was faring poorly, ill and weak and suffering, and his father, Russian Empire, ranged wildly between pleasant and abusive towards Aleut. Russian Empire saw Alaska as more of a tool than human, and tended to treat him as such, not often caring for him, so Alaska found more comfort and connection with his sickened mother, who treated him with care even though he was a child she'd never wanted.