Chapter 2

“I just wish the war gets over soon and the King returns back to the palace,” I heard Mamma at a distance.

I knew the society here had not developed as much as the one I had previously lived in, but had never imagined of Kings and Queens ruling a place, till now. The words had excited me so much that I wanted to jump out of my bed immediately and see the King myself. I tried envisaging a palace with a golden throne over a well decorated pedestal, where a mighty King was seated comfortably speaking to his ministers about the laws governing his country and the welfare of his citizens. The thought of seeing a King and Queen here had stirred me and I opened my little eyes brightly to the dim ambiance around me.

There were a few cloud balls fluttering around me and the ceiling of our house gave in a mild orange shade to the other walls of my room. My eyes were captivated in the enthralling panorama of nature and I hardly realized that I was now living in a new world - a world built with a paramount essence of nature.

“Quite, don’t wake Rima up,” Mamma whispered in a very low voice while entering the room.

Her footsteps had broken my connection with the ceiling and I turned to her with a weak smile. Mamma took me in her arms and kissed me with all her love for me.

“She is better now. Her temperature has dropped considerably,”Mamma sounded elated.

I looked into Mamma's pretty face as she smiled at me. Her curly dark hair and sandal skin complimented each other adding an exquisite touch of magnificence to everything around me.

She turned to the maid and added a polite order,“Why don’t you get me a glass of milk?” 

The servant girl smiled and left with a low bow before Mamma, which went unnoticed.  

Mamma and I kept playing with each other all the time giggling and kissing after I had had my glass of milk to fuel myself. I hardly had any memories of my one year childhood with my parents. So, I had planned this time to preserve every moment of mine now, in my heart for centuries. After all, Mamma was my mum too. I smiled at myself looking into her twinkling eyes.

A loud thud broke the transient moment when I saw the maid girl fall down at the entrance of our room panting.

“The King----- has------ arr----ived a---nd we ----won,”she tried speaking lifting her up.

“Really? Ohhhhh………My husband will be here any minute. I must get ready,” Mamma told her servant.

“Baby you are gonna finally see your father. Here we go,”she smiled at me in celebration and flew out of the room swiftly with me in her arms. Though I knew Mamma wouldn't drop me, I held onto her safely, snuggling close to her.

I was awe-struck with the thought that my dad was the King of this country and my Mamma the queen. That was obviously pointing me as the princess of this Kingdom. I was trying to foresee myself as the future queen in the most gorgeous dress ever while our servant put me on a small silvery frock with blue ribbons.

We were ready in a few minutes and I was as much expecting the moment to meet my father, the King as my mamma was. Mamma took me flying in her arms, dressed elegantly with a welcoming beam in her charming face. We were soon out in the entrance of our palace guarded by a few grim-looking warriors. The procession was filled with grandeur and richness while a few celebrated in enjoyment changing the pleasant aroma around me. In spite of every beautiful thing around me, my eyes darted around to catch a glimpse of my father, the ruler of my new world.

“Baby, see your father has come home finally,”Mamma let out a cry of joy.

I saw a golden chariot flying to our house lead by a few warriors in their horses, filled with a thrilling curiosity. I let out a giggle when the chariot stopped before us and my mamma gave a low bow with me in her hands while I started clapping with my tiny hands.

My father waved his hands and the chariot started to proceed in its way. The King was gone. Before I could make out anything, mamma hugged a mighty guy squeezing me between them.

“Welcome home Sirius,”Mamma hugged him hard again.

What the hell??? I wanted to jump out of mamma’s hands and let me take a break. So, I was not the princess anymore and the thought had thwarted me for a minute removing the life in my imaginations. I let out a gentle smile realizing that it really sucked to have a twenty year old soul in a body of one year old.

“So, that’s my princess,” my father gave me a jolt of shock as he took me in his well-built arms.

 Princess? I sighed in frustration.