Chapter 3

I sat still in our garden, watching the brightly lit sky with huge stars in them, pondering over my new world.

My new world was not much different from Earth other than a few alterations in the basic science concepts, say there were land masses here too, but they never were stable in a place due to the absence of gravity. There were trees, plants, animals, fruits and flowers as in earth and they existed in their own forms compatible to the resources available here. Even my skin was thick enough to withstand an extreme level of heat and cold, making my body compatible in this world. I was stunned by God's creation for a moment and I wondered how many such more worlds existed at all.

"Oh dear, you are here. I was searching you everywhere,"Mamma walked over to me with her wings still.

I smiled at her helping myself to get up.

"It's late Rima. You need to get some sleep," Mamma spoke concerned embracing me.

"What is Pappa doing?" I asked Mamma lifting up my chin to face her.

Mamma was very tall, at least six foot, according to my estimation. Well, I was tall enough too, three and a half feet already, being a to-be five year old girl. People here were quite tall and Pappa was one of the tallest around, absolutely fitting his role in our kingdom as the chief warrior.

"He is waiting for you baby. Come in," Mamma replied bending down to kiss me.

I took Mamma's arms and we glided along the hazy patches of mist, finding ways to Pappa. Our home was a paradise, a perfectly festooned chief-warrior palace. Mamma used to often make a remark that our family had been living in here for ages. Every heir in the family tree was a perfectly trained chief warrior and now it would be my turn in a few years. I had liked everything about this world including the in discrimination between girls and boys as not in earth, among the human beings.

"Oh no, what have you done to yourself Sirius?" Mamma shouted as Pappa emerged from our bedroom with a bleeding forehead. I averted my eyes to Pappa and spotted him holding his left hands over his forehead attempting to prevent the blood oozing out.

Mamma hurried to him leaving me behind.

"I just tripped over and -" Pappa explained.

"Tripped? You are bleeding like you have broken your skull. Liaaaaaaahhhhhh, come over here immediately," Mamma shouted.

In a few seconds, Liah, our maid girl came in and shrieked in shock.

"Send a message to the doctor. Now,"Mamma yelled.

Liah bowed and left the room swiftly making no remarks, her face filled with a panicking expression.

"Come on Lisa. I'm fine. It's a shame to call the doctor for a small wound like this. Remember I'm the chief warrior. You are spoiling my reputation,"Pappa tried removing Mamma's hands as she wiped his blood with her purple silk scarf, annoyed.

A sudden urge overtook my fright, as I saw Pappa bleeding profusely in spite of his efforts to control it with his hands. I flew past Mamma and gave Pappa's forehead a deep look.

"Mamma, could you bring me some cold water soon, a few ice cubes if you could afford," I said without turning.

"Baby, stay out of this. Pappa is hurt,"Mamma clinched my shoulders.

"Come on Mamma. I'm not a baby,"I sighed and turned to Pappa continuing my examination.

"I would be glad if yo get me some cold water and a clean cloth Mamma. Pappa, please lie down. You need to relax and breathe normally," I added.

Mamma stood up and drifted away with a scandalized face.

"Rima, you make me wonder if you are still a kid," Pappa glared at me.

"Lie down please,"I requested.

Pappa turned and flew back into the room dripping blood all over the way. As Pappa rested down on the bed, I made a progress to him and noticed that his forehead was bleeding continuously. Mamma entered the room with the requirements I had asked for and advanced to the bed where Pappa was lying down.

I cleaned Pappa's wounds with cold water and tried dressing up his wounds after giving pressure on his small cut, while Mamma stood perplexed beside me.

"There is nothing big to worry Mamma. It's just a small lesion with some seepage of blood. Add spinach, cereals, broccoli and cabbage in his diet. He needs some vitamin K. He will be fine. Allow him some sleep," I stated after a few minutes.

I moved out of the room and made my way back to the garden, without looking at Mama and Pappa to avoid answering their faces, burning with thousands of questions. I knew that I couldn't recover the words and actions I had spilt over, but I tried to ease myself off the tension.

I stood immobile and gazed at the skies as images of my mom, dad, brother and our house flashed one after another. I could see myself as a human, five and a half feet dark-haired girl, practicing medicine along with my friends in a hospital. An image of myself hugging mom and dad succeeded after I saw my brother playing pranks on me. Tears rolled down my eyes, as a feel of missing my family and human life on earth took over my consciousness. It felt the worst, when I had nobody in this new wide world, to whom I could share my grief and agony.

I turned and made my path, back to our bedroom, cleaning my face off tears and pressing my memories to the bottom of my heart. On the way, I noticed Mamma standing with an old man dressed in grand robes with a little beard in his oval face.

"Seems your girl can save many people as she grows up," said the old man with a twinkle in his small eyes.

I smirked at the thought. My medical knowledge couldn't save my family and hardly could I save myself. It was sickening to think about my past and I tried controlling my emotional outbreak.

He should be the doctor; I guessed and waved at him with my little grown hands.

"It's Rima's birthday next week. We'll be glad if you make it up to the party,"said Mamma in a delighted tone.

I was little glad to see my mamma speaking in a normal voice, triumphing over her bewildered moments a few minutes back.

"So, it's your birthday next week?" asked the old man turning to me widening his eyes.

I gave a weak smile.

"I'll take my leave now. Send me a message if you need me, else we'll catch up next week at Rima's party. Our chief will by fine by tomorrow evening. Goodbye Mrs.Sirius,"the old man gave a light bow to mamma.

"Sure. See you soon Dr.Muster,"Mamma waved goodbye.

He patted me on my cheeks and left the room gently with a smile.

"Liah, we need to prepare a lot for Rima's birthday," Mamma and Liah left the room discussing my birthday preparations

It's been five years since I had died, I reminded myself standing alone in our wide spread living room.

"Rima, off to bed,"mamma bellowed in a high pitched voice.

"Night Mamma,"I found my way to my bedroom, dropping all my thoughts in our living room.