Chapter One

"You will respet me as the king and your father!", Mabel's father yelled at her for denying to have a ball to find the future king, Mabel's husband. She ran up to her chambers with tears in her dark chocolate brown eyes. She put on her riding outfit and pulled up her jet black curls into a high ponytail. Mabel looked like her mother with a soft round face and curled up nose, but she was also hard headed like her father never wanting people to tell them no.

She went to the stables to get her horse. After saddling her Mable turned around and jumped seeing an unfamiliar face. She reposed her posture and asked strongly, "Who would you might be?" The brown headed lad smirked replying, "I am the stabel boy sorry to startled you princess." Mabel frowned she wouldn't tolerate such sarcasm. "I mean what is your name", she now talked in a irratated tone. The boy laughed and when he did his round green eyes turned into cresent moons."I am sorry for being rude ,princess," laughing a bit more,"my name is Charles Davies." Mabel mounted her horse and before she rode off she turned around and said, "Well, next time you are rude to the royal family. I will have you put in prison Mr.Davies."

As Mabel rode of Charles mounted a different horse barebacked and chased after her. Not realizing he was riding in back of her she went to a lake in the woods. When Mabel finally saw him her pale face grew red in anger. "How dare you follow me! I can't-" Charles stopped her mid sentence putting his hands on her shoulders looking into her eyes,"I am sorry ,but I had to see that delicate face again." She pouted, "Well you saw it again now leave." He giggled, "That's not the face I wanted to see. It looks too harsh when you are angry." Mabel couldn't help ,but smile.

"Thats the face I was looking for! Oh, you are so pretty when you smile." Charles said excitedly. "You are very bold you know that right?" Mabel said still smiling. He look down to the grass ,"Well you did look sad when I first saw you. I just wanted to make you smile." They both looked at each other smiling ear to ear. "Come on lets go back," Mabel said after a little while, "Margo is probably looking for me."

When Mabel and Charles went back to the stables there was a voice calling Mabel's name. She looked up to see Margo, Mabel's nurse, running through the garden. "I can't believe you. Running away like that!" Margo fussed and because of her short stature she had to look up at Mabel when ever she fussed.

The princess giggled because of this, "I'm sorry my dear Margo I didn't mean to make you worry." Margo started to smile, "Oh I could ever be mad at this face," she pinched Mabel's cheek,"I forgive you, but anyway it is time to eat. Mabel said her goodbyes to Charles and then went into the palace.
They walked into a huge dining hall. Mabel sat on the side of the table where her food was set. Margo stood beside her for company. "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. Your brother is coming in for you 18th ball," the nurse said, "Isn't that just wonderful!" "Oh yes it is. I haven't seen him since I was ten!"
"I knew you would be happy, but you do know that for him to come you have to go to the ball."Margo said with a stern look. "Yes, oh, yes I do know! Oh come on Margo let's go and decide on a dress!" "We will do that tomorrow, but for now finish eating and I will draw you a bath."

After Mabel finished she want off to her bathroom. Margo helped take off her riding clothes and washed her. "I can't wait to see the seamstress tomorrow to get my dress!"Mabel said putting her hands on her heart as Margo washed her hair. "Young mistress the only reason we are having this ball is to decide the future husband to you. Many people are starting to worry that you will never be wedded." "I know all of this it's just I will see my brother after all these years." "Just wanted to remind you mistress."

Margo dressed Mabel for bed and waited until the princess fell asleep to leave.

Ok thanks so much for reading! I know it's really slow right now but it should pick up soon. Love you and have a great day.♡♡♡