Going Back to the Corner Where I First Saw You

There was tapping heard from the door, a particular tanned man got up from his seat to answer the door. Behind it was one of the neighbors that had taken interest in him, even though she was fully aware he was married. "Hey need anything?", he wanted to be polite but not too polite.

"Oh Gon", she said, trying to peek around the man who was blocking her from entering the apartment. "I need help". He let out a deep breath and allowed her in.

"Make this quick", Gon said, arms crossed not letting her any further than the entryway. She looked around not seeing anyone.

"Is Killua here?"

"No my husband is not here", he emphasized 'husband', "nonetheless make this quick". She snorted at the obvious unattractiveness to her but she spoke anyway.

Gon didn't care much for what was being said, he couldn't see the problem she was "having" in all honesty. And since he couldn't help her or didn't care to, he interrupted her. "I don't think I'll be much help sorry", it was very nonchalant but Killua didn't know what else to say.

"Wait but-"

"See ya later", he cut her off, waving her to the door. She began walking past him but seeing the door opening assuming who it was she doubled behind and locked with him. He quickly pushed her off, "the hell?", she just stood there smirking.

He looked back seeing the horror on Killua's face, Gon quickly darted over to him. "Baby it's not what it looks like", but he could tell by the look in those blue eyes that Killua was out of it. He reached a hand out to touch the small shoulder but the albino had darted down the hallway instead.

He turned around to see the woman smirking and chuckling to herself. "Get the hell out of here", Gon's words fell out scaring the woman within an instant, making her frown and shiver in fear. She slowly crept past him, trying not to do anything else to anger the man. "Damnit", Gon said to himself as he set out to look for his lover.

XOXO

It was a day much like any other day, a particular snowy-haired cerulean-eyed man his back leaning against the wall of an elevator as he rode it up to the apartment that he shared with his lover. Eyes fixated on the numbers displayed, hearing a dinging when it had finally reached the twelfth floor, the floor where he resided. Casually walking out the elevator like he usually did, and down the hallway, keys in a small hand ready to unlock the door like always.

But the sight behind the door wasn't like the other days, far from the usual, blue eyes widened and keys dropped within an instant. Could've sworn he saw his lover locking lips with some stranger in their home, he was frozen with a mix of rage and hurt. "Killua!", his green-haired companion ran closer, reaching out to touch him. To which Killua moved his shoulder to avoid being touched, "this is a misunderstanding, I can explain ".

There were no words that could explain or help the situation before another thought the albino darted back down the hallway. His vision became blurry from the tears threatening to fall, and the bottom lip quivering from hurt. Stopping in front of the elevator, frantically pushing the button to maybe start this whole day back over. Eyes saw the elevator slowly making its way to the floor, but rapid steps could be heard. Not wanting to see that bastard's face or hear his words, the white-haired male decides to take the stairs.

Killua ran down the empty stairwell, tears streaming down his red cheeks, one hand trying to cover his face and the other holding onto the rail to avoid falling. But that didn't help because, at the bottom step, he collapsed. Heaving, sobbing, all while holding his chest. He had tortured twelve years of his life and nothing he had previously endured compared to now. All the trust they had built, the relationship, the family, was now shattered. The poor lighting in the stairway gleamed on the ring that sat on his left hand, he let out a scream that could only be described as pure agony.