Night 5

Night 5

When Illise came home, It took a lot of explaining and convincing to her parents as to why an old beat-up animatronic followed her home. Eventually she got them to believe Foxy was a school project. She took Foxy to her backyard shed and fixed him as best as she could with the limited knowledge she had on electronics and robotics.

Tightening the last screw, Illise wiped the sweat that beaded on her forehead. “There,” She began after several hours of silence, “that’s all I can do for you.” She then grabbed the fabric, needle and thread at her side and began patching him up. Again, she fell silent.

“Are you okay?” Foxy asked.

Illise shook her head and simply replied, “No.” She got up only to change positions and fix a hole on Foxy’s abdomen.

“We’re going to save them. Don’t worry.” Foxy reassured her. Illise’s eyes moistened and large droplets of water streamed down her face, blurring her vision. The water fell and stained  the fur on Foxy’s chest. She stopped working and bunched his fur in her clenched hands as she sobbed.

Foxy didn’t say anything and opted to rubbing her back. Soon her wails had stopped and was sleeping against him. Her parents walked in to check up on her and saw how the animatronic held her and noticed her tear-stained face. Their hearts had dropped. They may not have known what happened, but they carefully separated the two and carried Illise to her room, tucking her into bed.

Illise had been sleeping the whole day and her parents finally thought that it’d be best to wake her up. “Illise,” Her mother said, softly shaking her, “it’s 7:00 PM. You need to wake up now.” Illise groggily awoken, her eyes still red from all the crying. Illise’s mom tried to encourage her. “Your little robot project has been waiting for you. He looks so much better now that you’ve fixed him a bit. You did a great job sweetie.” She said.

Illise merely nodded and pulled herself out of bed, then walked down the stairs. Foxy had been patiently sitting on the couch. His ears perked up as he heard the sound of her heavy footsteps, and watched as she trudged down. Foxy stood up. “Illise, let’s go.” He said, his face solemn. Foxy opened the front door and Illise followed. Before she left, she took her dad's pocket knife, told her parents she was going to be out for a while, and then left.

Riley watched from the doors as Foxy and Illise approached in the horizon. He grinned and walked deeper into the darkness.

Arriving at the doors, Illise took a deep breath. She was still scared of going back here, but the need to save her friends was more than enough to harden her nerves. She held a hand out to grasp the handle, but stopped halfway. “I promise not to cry anymore.” Illise said, more to herself than to anyone else. Then her fingers wrapped around the handle and opened the door. Foxy followed her in.

It was darker than usual, and especially quiet. Their footsteps echoed throughout the building. Soon, both Foxy and Illise were in the middle of the party room. Looking at the stage Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica were missing. “Where could they have gone?” Illise asked.