[ 1 ]

Being a ruler for some, would be a blessing. Others would shudder with just the possibility of said position. After all, isn't the crown the most desperate for blood?

Unlike wild animals, humanity has long hunted for more than they could ever need. It happens so often that people would say that greed was the worst trait for a ruler, but little do people like to admit, greed was something that was inevitable. Everyone has at least some greed inside of them, either burying or flaunting it as their unique trait.

Y/N L/N, the current ruler of Corea was yet to be an exception. Though, they have enough conscience to at least hide it and be a decent ruler.

Using their right palm to steady their head, they continued to look over the countless ministers standing in front of them as the regular audience continued to take place.

" Your majesty, we need to send troops to the east to defend our borders immediately."

The eastern border connected Corea to the ancient nation that owns the eastern sea. As a result, those people were extremely arrogant and deemed themselves superior because of the amazing achievements that their ancestors have done years ago.

" The eastern bastards are causing trouble again?" Y/N asked, annoyed.

The ministers couldn't help but flinch hearing profanities come out of the monarch's mouth. Everyone knows that such words could not be said during a formal meeting but who were they to lecture the monarch?

" Yes, your majesty. Even after our recent victory, they have yet to turn around and surrender to our nation."

Y/N's eyes glanced up from their nails to the nervous individual, irises gleaming in interest.

" Is that so? What have they been doing?"

" Reporting to your majesty, the Grimores' guards have been destroying our farmlands and threatened many of our people there. As a result, agriculture has decreased by a large amount. People living there are suffering under Grimore's violence."

Perking their left eyebrow at the somewhat expected eyebrow, Such ignorant people, Y/N thought.

The eastern land was one of the best places in Corea for hurting crops and agriculture. The crops there almost took up half the entire stock of supplies that the palace gets every week.

So that's why the servants were complaining, they thought.

" Do you have any suggestions, General Kwong?"

General Kwong, a name that would bring fear to people across all lands. He was part of the four leaders that have guarded the borders for years on end and have made many outstanding achievements because of it.

" I believe that it is best to send troops over to the border and eliminate them all."

After hearing those words, the monarch's eyes turned cold.

" General Kwong, you truly do have some courage," tilting their head, Y/N continued to taunt the general, " Are you not afraid that they would retaliate? Even if we were to bring victory home, our relationship with them would be on thin string. Are you willing to take such responsibility when such things occur."

Cupping his left hand over his right, General Kwong brought them to his forehead before executing a low bow to show his respect.

" My bloodline would take all the responsibility if the eastern bastards were to declare war with our nation," he announced.

Letting out a smirk, eyes gleaming with bloodlust, Y/N glanced at the bowed figure.

" How are you so certain that they will not declare war with us?"