[ 2 ]

Just by glancing at the person's posture, you could already tell who it was. Your ability to know them naturally accumulated after years knowing them. It all became much easier as the person continues to grow under your watchful guidance.

" Come in," you announced, walking back to the table, " there's no need to whisper."

As if waiting for your permission, the doors immediately were pushed open followed by quick stepping sounds.

The steps hurriedly took its way to your spot before stopping behind you, waiting to see your next actions.

You, on the other hand, didn't feel the need to greet them and instead settled your attention on the various treats displayed on the table. Pretending that there was no presence behind you, you extended your right hand to one of the treats and peacefully munched on them.

You almost groan at the heavenly taste that quickly covers all your senses. It has seemed that you have been neglecting your hunger too much that a simple treat could bring you such satisfaction.

You were about to continue to further enter that mindset when a high-pitched whine from behind suddenly snapped you back to reality. You then realized that you may have forgotten about a certain someone.

Turning around, you find yourself faced with a tall yet lean figure who was pouting at your mistreatment. Only offering him a smile as an apology, you ushered him to come to the table.

The individual, thankfully, obeyed you and placed himself beside you before letting out another whine.

" Y/N-iee, we haven't talked to each other for so long. You even neglected all my invitations and when I came to visit you, you even ignored me?" he asked, while clinging onto your left arm.

Knowing how touchy he could be, you could only let him do what he wanted.

" You know I was busy, Taehyung."

The pout that was on his face became much more prominent the moment he heard his full name coming out of your mouth.

" Nooo, don't call me by that name! You know that I don't like it, " Taehyung leaned on to your arm, " It makes me feel like we're strangers."

Finally deciding that you have teased him enough, you brought him into your embrace and hugged him. Feeling Taehyung naturally melting into you, you couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

" Alright, alright, I won't tease you anymore," you said, " How have you been with the training?"

At the mention of his combat training, he stopped snuggling into you but still stayed in your embrace, deciding that not speaking would be the best option to get away with having to answer it.

Understanding what he meant, you could only let out a sigh.

" Have you been missing the training, Tae?"

"..."

Again, he refused to answer and make eye contact with you.

" If you don't tell me then someone else will be doing that," you said, " Jungkook!"

Immediately after hearing your command, Jungkook entered the room, and waited for your next orders.

" You have the responsibility of watching over Taehyung whenever General Kim is away. Tell me, how is Taehyung with his combat training?"

Jungkook looked at you before setting his gaze at the cowered figure still in your embrace. He wondered if he should take which side. His friend's or yours?