2 - Wrong

Outside the gates, is absolute darkness and nothingness.

Anyone else would've been scared by the emptiness or dark, for me it looked like freedom.

Sure, I would probably die out there.

But I would live longer then  would in here and perhaps even learn something.

Getting out of the gates would be easy because everyone knows they don't prepare for anyone going, only people coming.

The gates consist of two rounds of extremely thick barb wire. One round on the outside would zap anyone who touched it, meanwhile the second on the inside wasn't lit for fear that anyone in inside would be hurt and looked surprisingly quite easy to climb.
The Empire's community was constructed on a hill, I knew all I had to do was climb the gate, unseen. And roll down soundlessly to freedom.
Easy. Right?

The gate proved a lot harder to climb than I had originally  planned.

My boots slide off the fence when I try to wedge my feet between the small diamonds and the fence clatters noisefully as I try to jam my boot in the hole. It frustrates me to no end.

I need to leave here and I need to leave now.

Thoughts of getting caught slam into my head as I try to jam my boot into the small diamond again.

It plugs the hole and help me yank my other foot into a diamond higher up. I realize I'll have to concentrate on climbing not about how any one could be chasing me.

I remember how the girl I lost, my Sonya used to always sing songs to comfort herself and decide to try it myself.

Then after a while, I realize I literally don't know any songs. I hum quietly as I concentrate on my feet. The fence is about 20 feet tall and I hear little sizzling noises every once in a while from the other side of the fence.

It's distracting.

The wind plays with my restrained hair as slam my foot into one of the top holes. Careful not to touch the other side, I grab the top of my side of the fence and pull myself up. I sit on the very top and feel my heart speed up a little.

Adrenaline.

I stick my feet in the top holes and balance myself to stand. Thanking God for all my guardian training with balance and posture. I pull one foot out of its hole very slowly, then place it gently on top of the fence.

Then I rip my other foot out the hole and jump.