The Invite

A/N Hey everyone! This is the first chapter if my new book Our Song. I would like to dedicate it to @nera00 because she is awesome. Also she helped me decide wether or not to write this book!

*••••••••*

"Good job Dream Catchers! Once more from the top!" I yelled to the rest of the band, "Take it away Aidin!"

Aidin started a beat on his drum. Then Evie came in on her guitar, the same time as Evan came in on his keyboard. Then I came in.

We ran through our new song Our Song.

I bet you are wondering what in the world I'm talking about. Well my name is Erica Milan. The lead singer of The Dream Catchers. Right now we are practicing out newest song, Our Song. It's a song I wrote trying to regain the love of my life; Lance. Attempting to remind him of every thing that made us happy.

Why do I need to regain the love of my life? Well I lost him obviously. The question is why I lost him. There is one simple answer to that.

I WAS STUPID.

I did something I shouldn't have. I regret it. I regret it so very much. I regret it more than I regret trusting Toni Lacker in the 5th grade. And I regret that ALOT.

What did I do? Well it wouldn't make any sense if I just tell you now would it?

So I will start from the beginning, about 3 months before it happened...

*••••••••*

"Your wonderful. Your beautiful. Your what make my world go round. Do you know that? If not, you better imbed those facts into your brain right this moment." Those were the words that that flowed ceremoniously from my wonderful boyfriend's mouth.

We were laying on the hood of his pickup truck looking at the stars. They twinkled brightly. The Moon was full, and was extremely bright. So bright in fact, that it lit up our surroundings. We could see every bush. Every leaf. All the grass. Everything glowed as if it were bathing in the moonlight.

It was beautiful.

I pushed some of my full black hair out of my face, and tucked it behind my ears. Then I smiled and replied, "Your to sweet for your own good. One of these days your teeth are going to rot away."

"I don't think that's how it works Rica," Lance informed me, using the nickname he had long ago given me.

"You never know," I replied with a mysterious smile. Of course I knew his teeth couldn't actually rot away due to the sweetness of his words. It was just fun to tease him about things like that.

"So, my mom is having a party next month. I have to attend and I was wondering if you would like to be my date?" His mom was always having parties. Not the kind of parties that you are thinking of. Lance's family was loaded, so often times his mom would throw formal ball type parties, and invite all her rich friends.

"I think it's funny how you even ask me to be your date to things. You know that the answer will always be yes." It was true, I loved him. I always
Went everywhere and anywhere with him.

"Well of course I ask!" He exclaimed exasperated. "I can't very well just walk up to you and be like, 'by the way we're going to my mom's party next month.' Yeah, that's not how it works." He had a point.

I just waved it off because I knew he was right. "Well I would love to be your date to your mom's party."

After that we gad just laid next next to each other- enjoying the others company- while looking at the stars. Never once did it cross my mind that I would regret attending that party. But I did.