Reasons to LOVE: Petra Ral.

In defense of Petra Ral.

I opened a thread about a character unfairly treated as "overrated" by much of the fandom. A thread dedicated to my favorite SNK character, despite the years she's been dead. So here I will talk about Petra Ral. Yup, the thread is on my twitter (and in my tumblr account, too).

I clarify that with this, I am not looking for them to love Petra, since that is something very personal. And because the entire Levi Squad, the veterans, Erwin, Hange, Marco, etc, have already completed their cycle.So look, I'm not discrediting either one or the other. In SNK's history, there are countless amazing characters, and very good female characters. With great weight in the plot.

Devoted mothers. Strong women equal to 100 soldiers. Warriors skilled in combat. Funny women and also stealth women. Military leaders. Women with political influence. Queens. Goddesses.

But why Petra? If she was just a member of Levi's Squad and she died fast and was even a tertiary character. Precisely for these reasons. Notice that I will not be specific on the subject of chronology.

First of all, please excuse my poor handling of english.

----------------

Petra is presented to us as a competent soldier, and one even comes to think that she is the one who takes command if Levi is not present. But Levi also tend to entrust Petra with less heavy missions (assistance to injured colleagues or messenger).

We see that she is able to cry in front of her captain over the death of a companion (an important detail in Levi's personality) and how he seeks her words and she can offer him comfort. Petra does not hesitate to cry in front of her Captain for a partner whose life she failed to save.

 Petra does not hesitate to cry in front of her Captain for a partner whose life she failed to save

Later on we know who they are: The Special Operations Squad, the Levi Squad. They were soldiers chosen by the "Humanity's Strongest Soldier", remember. They were elite soldiers. No tenían ese nombre por mero adorno, y eso lo sabemos al ver sus estadísticas.

Petra seems to be the kindest and most understanding towards Eren. And a detail that many forget is that it is she, Petra, the first person to give us a spoiler about Levi's life, and that despite knowing his past and history, she admires and respects him.

 And a detail that many forget is that it is she, Petra, the first person to give us a spoiler about Levi's life, and that despite knowing his past and history, she admires and respects him