Chapter One

(Animatic and Fan art by ScribbleWolfe on Twitter and Youtube)

Do you feel like you're irrelevant?

Do you feel you're just scared as f—

"Luz, what did I tell you about that music?"

"Sorry, mom."

She skipped the song and a different beat started to play from the car radio.

Luz knew that it was better to behave, as a thank you at least. She has been waiting for this a couple of years now, literally.

Some people say that you can look back at your past and learn from it. She doesn't believe that. Looking back it's the one thing she doesn't want to, she lives in the present. You can't change something that has already been done, then why think about it? You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, maybe you'll die or maybe you'll just keep up with your schedule and think to yourself 'damn, my life is boring'.

Either way, she just cares about now.

Now she can study the sight of a new neighborhood, new people, a new house... and a new start, finally.

"And here we are, I thought it was gonna look... spookier, though." A little bit of hesitation was heard from Camila's voice at the sight of the building.

Luz was so lost in thought she almost forgot the events that left the house abandoned in the first place.

"Mom, we talked about this." She insisted as she got off the car. "After all, ghosts don't kill, neither do houses, just people."

"I know, mija, I'm literally a nurse." Camila rolled her eyes, the mood suddenly lighted up a little. "Ándale, let's go inside before I change my mind." The older Noceda started to walk to the house with her keys in hand.

"Oh, shit, I forgot to disconnect my phone from the radio."

As Luz turned around and got inside the car again, Camila made a face to the exclamation her daughter just said and kept walking towards the building. After struggling with all the mess of cables, Luz closed the car's door and looked up to her mom. Instead, something brought her attention from the window of the house.

Wait.

Someone.

She could swear she saw someone looking at her from the third floor. But before she could even blink, the figure walked backwards and became one with the shadows.

"It is a huge house, isn't it?"

A sudden voice from her side made her jump of surprise.

"Woah, easy to scare, huh?" Asked with a smirk the stranger.