𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐞 [𝟏]

request prompt: a dele imagine based off of their documentary, 'all or nothing'.

word count: 475

warnings: none

category: fluff

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Tottenham Hotspur documentary was one that had been long-awaited in the football world. After the season that Spurs had had last season with the sacking of Pochettino, the appointment of Mourinho and the battle for a European spot, the whole world had its eyes on the London club and excited to see what exactly had gone on behind the scenes.

You knew what had been going on though, without seeing the documentary. You heard everything first hand from Dele, your boyfriend, as well as a few of the other boys on the team.

Now, the documentary was out and due to the global pandemic, you were watching it on the large couch in your London home with Dele by your side.

You weren't quite sure what to expect. You had seen the cameras swarming Hotspur Way for months now but you didn't know what would make the documentary and what would be cut.

You and Dele were going to binge all of the episodes back to back. What else could you do when you were living in lockdown?

Suddenly, Dele appeared on the screen talking to the camera about his ambitions as a player and his ambitions for Spurs.

"It's a massive club. We need to be aiming for Europe at the minimum and I want to help them do that." He spoke into the camera, obviously having just been asked the question by the guys behind it. It made you smile, proud of the player and the person that your boyfriend had become.

You had been with Dele through thick and thin. When things got tough, you were his support system and when things were the best that they possibly could be, you were by his side, enjoying every moment with him.

"I think a big part of my development is to do with my girlfriend. She's always there, pushing me to be the best that I can be and I really appreciate her doing that for me." The faintest of smiles appeared on his face that was on the TV screen and as you turned to face your boyfriend who was sitting beside you, you were able to see the blush that had appeared on his face.

"You're cute." You kissed his cheek softly before turning back to the screen, not wanting to dwell on the subject and embarrass him any further.

Dele loved you dearly, he always let you know how much he loved you and although he didn't shout it from the rooftops since he was normally quite private about your relationship, you knew how much he loved and appreciated you. It just so happened that PDA wasn't his scene.

You snuggled back into his side, taking his hand into your own and playing with his fingers as you both continued to watch the documentary that was on screen.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

hi! i am so sorry about how late this is! i hadn't even realised how far behind i was until i saw that this was supposed to be about the spurs documentary 😳

anyway, i hope you enjoyed it! as always, my requests are still open so if you want to request, just send me something via my ask inbox since my dms don't work.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x