𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫-𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐝 [𝟏]

request prompt: turning up to training because trent left his phone at home

word count: 569

warnings: none

category: fluff

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The media always glamorised the lives of footballers. They showed the luxurious homes that they owned, their boujee holidays that they went on and how they only had to 'kick a ball about' to get a significant wage but they failed to mention how the media attention negatively impacted their lives, how they struggled to keep anything private or how busy they really were.

They trained most days of the week from the early hours of the morning until the late hours of the afternoon. They didn't get much time to spend with their significant others and they were scrutinised for every little thing that they did

Granted, they knew that they were lucky. They knew that but it didn't make the tough times any easier.

Today was another one of those busy mornings in your house. Trent had training early that morning and when his alarm failed to wake him up, he was in a big rush to leave and make it to training on time.

Throwing on the closest things to you, which just so happened to include one of Trent's many hoodies, you got yourself ready and made sure that you looked somewhat presentable. Grabbing his phone off of his bedside table, you hopped into your car and you were ready to go.

The drive to the training centre was relatively short, especially when you considered the fact that you had chosen your home based on the fact that it was so close to everywhere you both needed to go often, the training ground being top of the list.

You pulled in to the car park and parked your car right next to the one that you recognised to be Trent's. You shook your head as you noticed that he had left the keys in the ignition. You made sure to remove them and lock his car for him before you made your way to the training pitches having already spotted the bright red of the training kits that the team wore.

You were only a few metres away when club captain, James Milner, spotted you and pointed you out to Trent. The smile on his face was evident, especially as you started to get closer to him but you could also tell that he was confused by your sudden appearance by the way that his eyebrows furrowed together.

"What are you doing here?" His scouse accent broke the silence as he moved to stand in front of you, the manager keeping a close eye on Trent since he was needed for the weekend.

"You forgot something this morning," You held up his phone in your hand and the look of shock that took over his features. You found it to be quite amusing, especially when you considered the fact that him forgetting his phone wasn't even the most surprising bit of it all.

"So I came to drop it off and as I pulled into the parking space beside your car, I noticed that your keys were still in the ignition." You pulled them out of your pocket, making them jingle in front of his face and watched the large grin that spread across it.

"You would leave the house without your head if it wasn't attached to your body." You laughed and Trent started to laugh along with you before pulling you in tightly to his chest, a hug to say 'thank you' for looking after him so well.

He would truly be lost without you.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: believe it or not, this is my first time ever writing for trent! these prompts are from my prompt list and i'm having a lot of fun writing them. lots of love, e x