prolouge

Verana- while not actually a word, verana represents the female conjunction of the term el verano or in english, the summer. The warmth radiating, the happiness of summer arriving, the flowers in full bloom , slowly healing all the scars winter has left, el verano was truly a beautiful thing, and so is Verana Lee.

Verana Lee, a 24 year old girl, born and raised in the state of Massachusetts, where there were basically two seasons, the winter, and el verano. Her mother being from Ormond beach Florida, and her father being from the same small town she was raised in Massachusetts.

Her parents meeting in sheer chance, as her father was a Marine, who was temporarily stationed in Georgia, getting a weekend off, and going out with his buddies in his platoon to a club in Ormond for the weekend before they left for combat.

3 years later her parents were married, and expecting with a little girl, who showed the hope in the dark, or as her father liked to think, from the upbringing he had in his small down in Massachusetts, el verano después de un largo invierno, aka, the summer after a long winter.

Spencer Reid, 26, was not one to believe in the type of fairytale romance, the love at first sight, the soulmate plot, and he had his statistics to keep him company on that one, also the aspect of watching his parents lives completely fall apart in front of him, somewhat imprinting what love was like on him, until he met her, Verana Lee.