002. serious pretending

patrick

patrick
wtf are those pics of u
and travis?

liv
what's your room number?

liv
I need to talk to you in
person

patrick
629

"I'm engaged to Travis."
The room went silent, save for Patrick's sharp intake of breath. When he finally spoke, his voice was low and angry.
"You're what?" he spat, disbelief clear in his tone.
Liv swallowed hard, trying to keep her composure.
"engaged... to travis."
"And why didn't you tell me sooner?" Patrick demanded, anger lacing his words. "Why did I have to find out by seeing it all over the internet?"
"I... I just wanted to make sure," Liv stammered, feeling the weight of guilt pressing down on her. "And besides, you were so busy, you just had bronze, and then you won the superbowl and-."
"not that busy that I would forget about my own sister!" Patrick retorted bitterly. "i know i said i dont care who you date or whatever but i do care when your fucking my bestfriiend behind my back!."
Liv winced, the sting of Patrick's words echoing in her ears. She wanted to tell him the truth, that it was all fake, but she knew she couldnt. she also knew how difficult it would be for him to accept such a drastic change in their relationship.
She sighed heavily, rubbing her temples.
"I know, Pat. And believe me, it wasn't easy keeping this a secret from everyone, But Travis...he's different. He understands me better than anyone else ever has."
"Sure, because he's been around since you were seventeen!" Patrick shot back, anger seeping through every word. "hes nine years older than you, Liv! That's a hell of an age gap!"
"But it doesn't matter to us," Liv argued weakly. "We're happy together. And you'll see that once you get used to the idea."
"Oh really?" Patrick scoffed. "Just because you say so?" Patrick raised an eyebrow, skepticism etched into his features. "How exactly does Sophie fit into all this? Has she met him yet?"
Liv hesitated, then nodded.
"Yes, she has. And they get along great. you know he's good with kids."
"Hmm." Patrick couldn't shake off the unease settling in his stomach. "Well, I hope you know what you're doing, Liv."
"You're acting like I made this decision without considering Sophie's feelings," Liv said, her tone firm but not aggressive. "I would never do anything to harm her. You know that."
"I know, I just worry about you," Patrick replied, his voice softening. "It's a big change, and I want to make sure you're making the right decision for both of you."
"I appreciate your concern," Liv said, taking a deep breath to steady her emotions. "But I promise you, I've thought this through carefully. Sophie and I are both excited about this.
petrick nodded slowly, the anger in his features fading away.
"So, how long have you been together?" Patrick asked, curiosity piqued. "were you two serious before he...?"
"proposed?" Liv looked away, playing it off as her blushing, but in reality she knew she was barely holding herself together. she hated lying to her brother. "Um, yeah. We were together for a while."
Patrick raised an eyebrow.
"Seriously? How long is 'a while'?"
"Two years," Liv admitted, bracing herself for his reaction.
Patrick stared at her for a moment, then let out a low chuckle. "Wow, You really kept that one hidden. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
Liv shrugged.
"I don't know. I guess I was scared you wouldn't approve."
"Well, I'm not gonna lie, it's weird," Patrick said, still chuckling. "But if you're happy, then I'm happy for you. Just don't elope or anything."
Liv rolled her eyes. "Don't worry, we won't. we're not gonna actually get married for a while."
"Good," Patrick said, grinning. "have you thought of how youre gonna tell your fans?"
"Ugh, I know," Liv groaned, rolling her eyes. "I was planning to announce it during the nonsense outro tonight."
secretly, she hated the idea, but it's what Lucy and sab had recommended she do, as it was the way that suited her the most.
Patrick frowned, picturing Liv standing on stage, revealing her exciting news to the world. It felt strange, but he pushed aside his discomfort for her sake.
"Sounds like a smart move," he said, trying to sound enthusiastic. "they wont expect that."
"That's the plan," Liv agreed, sighing softly. "I just hope everyone reacts positively."
"They will," Patrick assured her, giving her a reassuring smile. "After all, you've got quite the fanbase."
Liv smiled, appreciating her brother's support even though the guilt of lying to him was eating her alive. "Thanks, Pat. It means a lot coming from you."
"You're welcome," Patrick said, his tone warm. "Listen, I may give this whole Travis thing a chance... eventually."
Liv's eyes lit up at his words, relief washing over her. "Really? That would mean a lot to me."
"It's not going to happen overnight," Patrick warned, "but maybe one day soon I'll even be able to stand being around him again."
"that day better come quick, you're playing against the ravens with him in two weeks."