~𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚔~

(A/N: Sorry, for this repetitive chapter. I had published it as a OS in my ICT Short Stories book. But since this book is a continuation of that OS, that's why I had to publish this in here.
Sorry ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ !! But I have added a few things so make sure you read it once, and don't go without voting plejhhh _/\_)

----------------------------

Mahi stared at the papers in his hands. 

He read them over and over again, in case he read them wrong the first time. But it was the same every time. 

Those papers confirmed that Yuvi, HIS Yuvi has cancer -- more specifically, a cancerous tumour in the left lung. 

Mahi felt the ground slipping off from beneath his feet. He couldn't comprehend the fact that Yuvi had a life threatening disease. A disease which can snatch Yuvi away from him.

He couldn't understand how or when did this happen. And moreover Yuvi took a test and didn't even bother to inform him, thought Mahi. 

Mahi was sure that Yuvi wouldn't have told him the reports also, it's just that he accidentally got hold of the reports and he was mad. Mad at Yuvi. He was determined that he would confront him and ask him why did he hide such a big thing.

At that time, the door burst open and Yuvi came inside, coughing , very violently. Mahi turned around with the speed of light and all the anger he had in himself vanished into thin air seeing Yuvi's condition. His face was all red due to continuous coughing. He looked like he could choke anytime. Mahi dropped the papers and ran to hold his friend.

"Yuvi...Yuvi, what happened?", asked Mahi frantically. Yuvi couldn't say anything. He just pointed towards the drawer. Mahi got up and opened the drawer and saw an inhaler. He picked it up and rushed to Yuvi. He watched, aghast, as Yuvi took the inhaler and breathed heavily to calm himself down.

Mahi supported Yuvi to get up from the floor and sit on the bed. Yuvi was not meeting Mahi's questioning glances. He knew where the conversation will lead to. He didn't want anyone to find out about his disease, especially Mahi. He didn't want Mahi to suffer because of him. But looks like fate had different plans. He got to know on his own.

"Yuvi, What is this?", asked Mahi in a stern voice seeing Yuvi averting his eyes.

"It's not...."

"WHAT. IS. THIS." Mahi said each word separately, gritting his teeth. Now that Yuvi was avoiding the question, Mahi's anger came back. He can bear anything, but Yuvi hiding away from him? No, not at all.

"My reports. They say I have cancer", replied Yuvi, seeing no escape.

"And when were you planning to tell me about this"

"You were not supposed to know. No one knows. I have not told anyone"

"Why Yuvi?? Why? Don't we have the right to know about this?"

"I don't want you all to suffer because of me", said Yuvi meekly. This was not the Yuvraj Singh they knew. This was someone whose life now has a probable expiry date -- a realization that can break even the strongest person.

Mahi's features softened.

He went and sat beside Yuvi and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Even though Mahi was feeling shit scared himself, he had to relax Yuvi first. 

All of this plus the World cup hovering over them not helping at all, Mahi was suddenly feeling very scared.

He didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry I hid this from you Mahi but I myself didn't know what to do", said Yuvi totally not like Yuvraj Singh and Mahi hated it. Yuvi jabbing at him or fighting with him was far more better than this.