1

I sit on my bed, my back hunched like an old man, thinking of nothing in particular. This is a normal occurrence, and I'll eventually begin bringing myself down until I cry. I can't help the way I think, and no matter how much I try to stop myself, I always end up doing it anyways.

I try to tell myself how amazing I am, but those words are overtaken by negativity, worry about how others would think of me if I did or said anything, or if people would hate me if they found out I liked or did something they didn't like.

A sob slips past my chapped lips, and then another, and many more after. I scream like nobody could hear me.

Because, nobody could.

Nobody ever did.

----------------------------

May 15th, XXXX

-3rd Person-

It was a day like any other. The sun shone brightly, blinding the poor detective in training who forgot to close his curtains last night.

He groaned, stuffing his face into his pillow. But, because life liked to push him to the floor, his alarm went off, making him sit up abruptly with a louder growl.

His skinny legs flew over to the side of his twin-sized bed, carrying the very little weight he had. He shuffled his feet into his slippers, before sliding them towards his bathroom.

Shuichi Saihara, a 15 year-old who's incredibly smart. He probably gets the best grades compared to his other classmates from his homeroom. Though, they're not that smart to begin with so...

He's very shy, and does his utmost best to avoid eye-contact. He'll only talk to people if he has to. He doesn't have any friends, probably because people just don't want to bother him, and will get really flustered if someone tries to take off his hat.

He slips off his clothes, wanting to take a quick shower before school. He let the hot water practically burn his skin as he thought about what he wanted to do in his free time. Maybe Akamatsu-San would talk to him, otherwise he'll just be reading.

He slips on the uniform that was made just for him. Saihara didn't think he deserved it, he didn't even think he deserved to go to this school.

Hope's Peak was a prestigious academy for the best of the best. Only students with ultimate talents can get into this school.

They call him the Ultimate Detective. But he wanted to be called anything but that. In his eyes, he was no detective, he only solved one case. The title meant nothing to the young man.

"Shuichi! Hurry it up, I don't want to get phone calls from your annoying teachers!"

Saihara grabs his hat, putting it on as he runs out of his room, trying to get downstairs as fast as possible. He grabs his backpack, throwing on his shoes before running as fast as he could towards the bus stop.

'I can't be late, I can't be late!'

By the time he got there, the bus had already started to leave.

'Guess I'm running today...'

Saihara catches his breath, preparing himself for the long run.

He stands up straight, right before running off as fast as he could, which mind you, isn't very fast.

'My teacher is gonna kill me! And if I'm late, so is my uncle!'

Saihara stops at the corner of the sidewalk, out of breath. He coughs, his lungs burning, and his throat scratchy.

"I hate mornings...", he mumbles to himself.