2

F-FRIEND!?

Saihara refrained from gripping his pounding head. This was too much for Saihara to handle.

"U-uh- f-friends? Y-yeah, for s-s-sure…"

Amami gave him a small smile, and Saihara swore he passed out for at least a second.

"Saihara, are you oka-" the bell rang, interrupting the green-haired male.

"I'm- I-I'm gonna go use the bathroom.", Saihara scrambled out the classroom, speed-walking to the nearest boys bathroom.

He barged in, making sure no one else was in here, before taking off his hat.

He turned on the water to cold, cupping his hands underneath it, and splashing his face.

He took deep breaths. My God- Shuichi thought Socializing is so hard!

He banged his head on the sink, proceeding to call himself dumb for even doing that.

Then the bathroom door opened, making Saihara panic.

My hat my hat my hat my hat myhatmyhatmyhatmyhatmyhatmyhat!

He fell to the floor, grabbing his hat and shoving it on his head, just as he came into sight for the other person.

"Oh, there's no need to worry, it's just this loser"

He knew he was getting too comfortable with the kindness from Amami.

The bullying never got physical, but the words still left an impact on him.

"Get the **** out of here, before I resort to violence!"

Saihara knew they were lying, and that they were too afraid to get in trouble. But, Saihara wasn't one for conflict and confrontation.

So, he scrambled out of the bathroom, his face the opposite it was when he entered.

Extremely pale. Paler than usual, which is saying something since the boy is practically white on the daily.

He felt like he was going to throw up. But, he couldn't go into the bathroom again because of the bullies, and if he went to another bathroom, he'd take way too long and he'd get in trouble.

Then his uncle would be really mad.

So he opted to go to class, where he'd struggle to focus as usual.

He slid open the door, and slid it closed close behind him. Shuffling to his seat, Saihara can feel the stares on him, making him uncomfortable.

He sat down next to Amami, pulling out the book they were reading.

His heart felt like it was beating 100 miles an hour, and he felt as though he'd start shaking soon.

His breathing stayed relatively steady, trying not to bring attention to himself.

Little did he know, he was shaking slightly, and only one person noticed.

Amami's POV

Saihara comes back into class, which brings a smile to my face. For some reason, I love being near him.

I continue to read the book. Reading wasn't my forté, and I got bored and distracted easily.

My eyes wander around the classroom, landing on Saihara, widening slightly.

He was shaking, and he didn't seem to be focused as much as he usually is.

"Saihara, are you okay?"

Saihara holds back a yelp. "Yes, I'm okay, Amami-kun…", Saihara whispers back, looking back at his book.

He looked troubled, but I stayed quiet. Now is not the time to talk.

"Alright! Books down, and pay attention!"

I freeze. I read 0 pages!? I chuckle to myself, putting the bookmark back where it was, and place my book down.

I hate school.

The bell rang, making me shove all my things into my bag, and waiting for Saihara.

He let out a squeak, realizing I was waiting for him, and proceeded to neatly place his stuff in his bag, but quicker.

He closes his bag, standing up quickly.

He nods.

We walk next to each other in the halls, him struggling to keep up to my fast pace. I slow down.

I hear faint giggling, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

"Oh my God- he's gonna infect Amami with his ugliness!"

What?

"When did they become buddy-buddy? I thought he only hung out with that weird short guy-"

"He can't be hanging out with Amami! Amami probably just pities him, and he's just trying to make him feel better"

"No idea why he'd do that, emo hat might as well just comm-"

"Hey! Shut the hell up!", I yell, grabbing everyone's attention.

"I'm hanging out with him because I want to!" Saihara deserves the world. "And his name is Saihara, I think he'd appreciate it if you referred to him as that."

I grabbed his wrist, dragging him off towards the lunch room. When we were almost there, Saihara pulled back.

"I-I can't go in there! It's too crowded…"

"Hm? Then let's go outside to eat, maybe in the back garden?"

"A-ahm, sure."

We walk to the back of the school, and sit on a bench in front of the many flowers.

"Did you bring your lunch with you?"

"Umm, let me s-see." He rummaged through his bag, before looking back at me.

"Uh, it's not i-in h-here- I- uh- I must have l-left it at- uh - at home- yeah, at home…"

"Then we can share my lunch! I made it myself!"

"Y-you don't have-"

"At least eat a little bit, Saihara."

Saihara, sighs, grabbing a small piece of the other male's lunch.

"Amami-kun?", Saihara said clearly.

"Huh? What is it Saihara?"

"Umm…" he shuffles a bit "t-thank you…" His face burst into a bright shade of red.

I chuckled. "Of course! Do people not usually do these things with you?"

"People don't really talk to me", he laughed nervously and awkwardly. 

"Ah, well… I hope this can become a regular thing, Saihara-chan."

He blushed lightly.

"I… I would like that."

He smiled. And it was beautiful.