Chapter Two: Stalker Or Pervert?

Words: 2481

He spun his wrists around gently, his silver bracelets going down to his elbow as he lifted them up, touching the stars. He moved his legs mimicking a breeze.

He was at war with the ribbon. To be light, careful. Like a butterfly. He couldn't let the ribbon win. And he never did. He won. He always does. Because this was a game. Whether he meant it to be or not, it was a game. Him and the ribbon would compete in, who was more silk. They were two sides of a war right or wrong, two winds east and west, two dancers battling for the win. And I was one person in the audience, an observer. I witnessed the glorious wars of opinion, felt the push of both sides of the breeze, saw both dance routines in the theatre. I silently cheered and praised them for they're work.

I needed this.

He became my world. I loved him truly. But to say I was 'in love' would be rather stupid since I've never even talked to him. But it felt as if I have. Just watching him made me feel as though he had pulled me aside one afternoon under the stadium after p.e and whispered in my ear all his secrets. Truth is I would love to hold a conversation with this god of a person but talking now after all this time of watching and drawing and taking photos seemed rude. But not knowing him felt worse when it feels like I know him.

It ended in what felt like 5 seconds. But, it was actually 2 minutes.

I sighed and stuffed my camera back into the jacket pocket, along with my white, square rubber and my purple, lead pencil, it fit easily in the small pocket since it had endured almost six years of sharpening. I sat there for a little, watching him take off his vest and put his denim jacket on. I savoured these moments where I could watch him in a more comfortable setting. I held my sketchbook in one hand to my chest, making sure it was on the right angle otherwise all the papers would fall out. As I stood up I turned my head back and saw the boy looking in my direction. He smiled a friendly smile. The kind of smile you give strangers when you accidentally give eye contact while walking down a street. My eyes grew, I turned my head back and walked out of the tent practically sprinting.

Gee, that was smooth, I think standing out the front of the flap door, if he already didn't think I was strange. Sighing at my own actions I start mentally mapping out where I needed to go now. Yes it was almost 12 but home was not on the menu. I was planning on going to my sacred place. It was more secluded which didn't make it particularly safe, But it was better compared to all the commotion going on everywhere else on the showgrounds.

I walk through the clusters of people, some families, mums, dads and older kids, but mostly there were groups of friends and dates. I look at them all, none of them seem to be alone and here I am, alone. I picked up my pace while staring at the gorgeous navy night sky. The stars that were mostly blocked out by the fairy lights hung all over everything, were still as magnificent as every other night. I had to rip my eyes away from the view just to focus on not bumping into the crowds, slowly focusing on the ground in front of me, I observed it was a less majestic scene, half eaten food and wrappers, cardboard and vomit and tickets that were discarded after use. There was a nice side to the picture though; different colours, blue and pink Fairy Floss, red tomato sauce, potato chips covered in yellow chicken salt, the green grass and the different coloured candies in peoples puke pretty much spelt the word rainbow. It's not all bad I guess.

Once I arrive at my location at the back side of the oval I sit and cross my legs leaning myself underneath the steel bleachers on the damp, icy grass. Bright white shins from the stadium lights as it seeps through the gaps, just enough for me to see the paper in front of me. I breathe in, what pose should I draw?

As I begin to sketch a figure I hear a almost silent shuffle behind me. My brain goes dead and I can't concentrate suddenly. There's someone standing behind me or watching me from a distance I think. Even though it's probably just people walking pass or teenagers making trouble out here with one another.