|THIRTEEN|

She says "kiss me like you miss me, fuck me like you hate me and when you're fucking someone else just fuck her like she ain't me" - Drake

Cassia Chase•
"Cas"

"Don't you think it's cute, Malik and Patience? Being together and what not?" Ronda questions glancing at me.

I take a sip of my tear before setting it down on the kitchen counter. "Very." I reply.

Ronda thinks she's slick throwing questions at me back and forth trying to figure out if I'm fucking Malik. When all she has to do is be straight up and ask me. Then again it's not her place to ask me about it since he's not her man. And honestly as Nas would tell her she should "mind her business".

"You know I've been cheated on." Ronda mentions.

I nod. "Same here." I hear the guys laughing from Malik's living room while we sit and talk in the kitchen.

"Then you'd understand that us women got to stick together. If we know that pain we shouldn't help cause it on other women." She calls herself trying to preach.

A smile forms on my face as I look over at her. "Don't you do that though? When Nas in relationships he cheats on them with you."

"Yeah but that's different because-"

"Because you the mother of his child? Different because y'all in love? All that sounds like to me is excuses. Don't practice what you won't preach." My words leave her speechless.

"Coco!" I hear Malik call me. I stand up really over this whole conversation. I walk into the living room to see Malik & Nas both sitting on the couch, stacks of money covering the table and cocaine and other hard drugs in a duffel bag.

"Wassup?" I ask with my hands on my hips. He looks at me for a minute biting down on his bottom lip.

"Handle this for me real quick." He zips up the duffel bag passing it to me. I take it like I usually do walking towards the back rooms I head into the last room. Going inside the closet I dig dip inside moving all kinds of stuff aside to get to the hole that's hidden behind some wood. I place the duffel bag inside beside the others that are filled with different drugs and stacks of money. I close it leaving it just how it was before.

From an outsiders perspective they definitely wouldn't tell anything's in there.

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard people yelling. I stand up instantly making my way towards the front to see the door is wide open and the yelling is coming from outside.

I rush outside to see Nas getting his head slammed against the hood of a police vehicle while Malik is standing in front of the other officer arguing with him. Ronda on the verge of tears. "He didn't even do shit! Get y'all hands off him!"

"Didn't do nothing? Ma'am he fit the description, we know a couple of thugs when we see some." The white officer says while pushing Nas down harder. Nas winces and I can tell he's trying not to argue back knowing it'll make things worse.

"Tell the real reason you doing this shit. It's because of my pops. Don't come around here starting shit Zovick we know shit." Malik threatens him.

The black officer stares back at Malik with anger in his eyes stepping towards him. "I don't know what you're talking about but boy I suggest you watch your tone and mouth. I'd hate to have to take you in." He replies sarcastically.

"I'm a grown ass man. Do what you gotta do." The officer moves closer to Malik and out of reaction I run towards them jumping in front of Malik protectively.