➵ | 17

» Tori Kelly ft. Ed Sheeran - I Was Made for Loving You «
0:00 ────── 3:05
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

始まり

It was a normal day for Aiko, returning home from a tiring day of school. Her parents welcomed her as usual, and so did her elder sister. She noticed how her sister was doing much better- she had started to smile and chat more with the family. Aiko happily talked about her day and how her friends were being silly during practice.

Everything was normal. Aiko's sister teased her about her very obvious feelings towards her best friend, Kuroo. Flustered, she panicked and denied it to her parents who only laughed.

Things were so perfect, it felt unreal.

It was around 2 AM when she was suddenly woken up by a strange headache. Opening her eyes, she got up and rubbed her temples. She hadn't eaten or inhaled anything weird, so what was wrong with her? Suddenly, she noticed that it was getting harder to breathe.

She pulled the curtains open the window but was shocked to find that everything was sealed from the outside. Who had done this...?

Her eyes widened.

"Mom and dad..." she jumped out of bed and raced to their room, opening the door to find them both still on their bed. Running to them, she shook them both. "Mom, dad, get up. Someone sealed all the windows and released something..."

They weren't getting up.

"Mom, dad..." she shook them harder, trying to push the thoughts that were starting to shroud her mind. No, they were fine. They were just unconscious. "MOM! DAD!" she yelled, taking their hands. She coughed out as she placed her thumb on their wrists one by one- it was getting even harder to breathe.

She couldn't feel their pulses.

"No..." she shook them again as tears started to fall. "MOM DAD PLEASE YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP. WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!" She coughed again, starting to feel dizzy. "I need to find a way out..." she said, making her way to the window.

They wouldn't open.

She ran out to the next room, shaking her sister who was peacefully sleeping. "Nee-chan," she called. Her sister stirred, seemingly struggling to stay awake. "Nee-chan, get up. We need to get out of here. Mom and dad aren't waking up. You need to help me!"

Aiko was panicked, but she was smart. Someone had tried to kill them with carbon monoxide poisoning and they needed serious help even if she found a way out. No, she would find a way out. Holding her breath, she looked for a phone. She grabbed her sister's phone as she helped her up and dialed the number for emergency services.

She was instructed to break any window and get air as soon as possible. Aiko tried her best to stay calm. Her sister was in a critical condition, already dizzy and barely awake. It took all of her strength to take a step forward with her sister on her shoulder.

"Aiko..." she heard the faint voice of her sister. "You need to go. I'm not gonna make it..."

Tears welled up in Aiko's eyes as her sister reminded her of the reality she was trying to avoid. "No," she replied firmly. Her sister let out a sigh of pain and tried to peel herself off of Aiko. "If you carry me with you, we're both gonna die," she reasoned.

Aiko shook her head vigorously. "I'm not going anywhere without you. We're gonna get out together, and we're gonna save mom and dad. Don't say that, nee-chan. Please..."