➵ | 24

» Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) «
0:00 ────── 3:41
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

始まり

Suna quietly followed Aiko as she walked in front of him, hugging herself as she dealt with whatever emotions she had going through her mind. He could see that she had mostly forgotten their argument because of the shock from seeing her old friends. Well, was that raven-haired guy even her friend?

Growing more anxious by the second, he decided to just grab her by the hand to stop her. "Aiko, are you alright?"

A sob.

He sighed. "Dumb question. Of course you aren't," he said, "come here." He pulled her towards him, one arm wrapped around her torso and the other securing her head on his chest. Aiko started crying uncontrollably. Suna didn't know if he could take it; the raw pain in her voice broke what was left of his heart.

Their argument could wait.

His doubts could wait.

He just needed her to smile again.

"Hey, baby, it's okay..." He caressed her hair comfortingly as she cried into his chest. "I'm here. You're okay," he said, planting gentle kisses on her head and rubbing circles on her back. Suna didn't care about anything else at the moment and it showed.

Aiko couldn't hold in her tears. Seeing her friends, then having to break their hearts and walk away from them was painful. Those were the people she had grown up with, sharing with them all the ups and downs of her life. But she felt safe in Suna's arms, and his soft gestures were doing their job of comforting her.

It took around an hour for Aiko to finally stop crying, her eyes red and swollen from all the tears. "Sorry about that," she said, hugging her knees. The couple was sat at a quiet place near a vending machine where Suna had brought them some coffee.

"Don't apologize," Suna replied, the small smile on his face disappearing at his girlfriend's apology. "I'm the one who should be apologizing. I was a jerk for saying all those things to you."

"Well, at least you know," she said. Suna remained silent. He wanted to apologize properly and make sure everything was okay, but he didn't want to overwhelm her by making her think too much again.

Aiko sighed. "Aren't you gonna ask?"

Suna tilted his head questioningly, a habit he had picked up from her. "Ask what?"

She didn't meet his eyes. "About them."

Suna thought for a moment to find the right words to say. "You weren't in a state to answer questions," he replied. "I'd only make you feel worse. Can't have that, sweets."

Aiko rolled her eyes at the little nickname, feeling her old personality return to her. "I'm fine now. You can ask." Her gaze fell to the ground. "You deserve to know."

Suna looked at her for a few seconds before finally deeming it was safe to ask. "I'm guessing that's the team you used to be in?"

A small smile played at her lips as she nodded. "Nekoma High. That's my old school."

"Right. And what was the fuss about? Do they not know why you had to move away?"

Aiko's eyes narrowed as she remembered the way she had left her friends. "They know what happened to my family. They just..." She seemed hesitant to talk about it, but continued to narrate to him what had happened.

The team had been very distraught after they heard about Aiko's incident. They were at the hospital immediately to make sure she was alright. Kuroo made sure to visit every single day, helping her throughout the investigation process with the police.